World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix79

Is it HSV 1?

phoenix79

I have had HSV 2 for about 3 years now, with fewer than 3 outbreaks a year.

I recently kissed a new guy. 8 days later my lip swelled, and I got a little bump. It never turned into a full blown blister. It went away quickly, but my nose felt very itchy for days after.

I have gotten another serology test to find out if I have now gotten hsv 1 as well, but am waiting on the results. I have not had any other sores, but my face has been itchy for all the while now. Not just my lips. My chin, and my nose. I am also highly concerned I spread it to my eyes.

Any insight form anyone would be greatly appreciated. I'm struggling here, feeling like a walking herpes virus.

regret

if you have hsv 2 first i doubt if you would get hsv 1,, type 2 is stronger strain of the two and i would think it would protect yu to some degree of getting type 1,, but i guess anything is possible..?

schmack

I wouldn't say type 2 is stronger, it is just different. I wouldn't expect the antibodies for type 2 to protect you from type 1 much better than the antibodies for type 1 protect against type 2. I would expect you to have a less severe initial outbreak if you get an oral hsv1 infection following a genital hsv2 infection however.

RealisticGal

There is still the chance, though slight, that you have HSV2 in the oral area, rather than HSV1. It is possible.

Of course in that case, a blood test could be misleading.

phoenix79

Thanks for your answers. I have thought that I may have spread type 2 to my face, but I don't think so.

I barely had any "sore".

I guess I will know more after the blood test, but I am convinced it is type 1. What I don't understand is why my mouth has been hurting pretty much non-stop since the occurrence, but I have not developed any sore. Does anyone know if it is normal for pain to ALWAYS be present?