World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SirRuskin

question about transmission

SirRuskin

hi there i had an outbreak some months ago and my gynie did an oral inspection and said it looked like herpes. i had a blood test done a few days ago and now she says i had the disease but am now immune to it so i cant get it again and i also cant pass it on to anyone else. this contradicts everything i have read online so i am now really confused! can anyone help?

GntiNh

Unfortunately some doctors are not up to speed with HSV. Have a look at the panel on the right under prevention and spreading. Which type of HSV are you?

HunniBunni

How do you know?

How do you find out what form of Herpes you have? is it a blood test? And are any of them not sexually transmitted?

SirRuskin
Unfortunately some doctors are not up to speed with HSV. Have a look at the panel on the right under prevention and spreading. Which type of HSV are you?

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i am not sure what type i am i have an appointment next month with my doctor and then i will find out, i had a genital outbreak but it was only one and it is now seven months later and i have not had another one (thankfully) i suspect it may be type one though, my husband has had cold sores before but never anything genital. although he refuses to believe that it could possibly have come from him, so it is making my marriage very diffucult at the moment. we have been together 17 years but he had three wives before me and i had one relationship before him so it could have come from anywhere. sorry just venting a bit it is about the only place i can.

GntiNh

Vent away that partly why the site was set up. Many members don't have anyone they can turn to.

I didn't know until I got hs that coldsores were hs. Would he look at the information on the panel on the right?

SirRuskin

hi, no he is not interested in anything i have to say at present, in fact he is convinced that i am having affairs with every guy i happen to talk to more than once. we started a new business and i have had to work with public more where as before i worked from home and hardly ever saw anyone. now he is jealous of the friendships i have developed with my male co-workers (even the gay one) and any other male friend i might happen to dance or party with. i have explained to him that hs can lie dormant for years and that 70+% of people dont even know that they have it, but he only believes that the first outbreak occurs 2 - 10 days after infection, so i must have slept with someone else over christmas-new year, he also refused to go for a blood test to see if he has the antibodies or not -at the time, so even if he goes now and has them he will just say he got it from me. anyway i will just have to try sort it out, dont quite know how and its looking like my marriage is on the line, but thanks for listening.

SirRuskin

as far as i understand, you have to do a blood test to find out the type, unless you have an active outbreak then they can take a scraping and send it away. and it is only spread by physical contact, either by kissing or oral-genital, or genital-genital contact. mostly only when the virus is active but can also happen at other times and no-one knows when that is, check out the panel on the right on spreading and preventing