World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Driven3

I just can't get the words out!

Driven3

Hello, I have had HSV 2 for about 8 years now and have been dating someone for a couple of months now and haven't needed to tell hiim yet. For the past 3 days I have been trying to tell him, but I JUST CAN'T GET THE WORDS OUT! This will be my 4th time telling someone and I have only had one negative response, but I am petrified to say it. I keep waiting for the perfect moment and it's hasn't come. For some reason it seems harder than any other time. I know I will feel 100% better once I tell him, regardless of his response, but I keep chickening out. I can barely say the word "Herpes" out loud by myself. I need advise!

Shayna

When people have lived long enough they usually have something they aren't particularly happy or proud to share. What if you started by saying lets talk about everything we'll be bringing to the relationship table here.

My last long term boyfriend started a conversation with me that way when we both knew we wanted to take our relationship to the next level. It felt safe and easy for us both to spill any beans at the same time that we wanted each other to know.

I know it's different for everybody. Good luck and I wish you the very best!!!

leo 1964

I know how you feel. This is the first time I need to tell someone and I can't get it out of my mouth either. I got herpes from my husband and still I can't help but feel dirty whenever I think about it. Its not fair. I am in love with someone and had to put off serious sex for awhile. I can't do it anymore. Time is running out and I think I need to end it or tell him. How do you say it? The other relationships you had, did you use condoms? Was that safe? Did they have herpes also?

heybabysmile131

When my now boyfriend and i were talking i had told him there was something i needed to tell him and that i was working up the courage to do it. I didnt say it was a bad thing i just said it was something he should know. After shutting him down for sex a couple times i finally worked up the couage and told him one night. He made me his girlfriend a few hours later! Just work up your courage and make sure this person is really who you want to be with. Goodluck!

2010sunshine

Boy do I know how you feel. I have felt like damaged goods for years since my boyfriend cheated on me and left me with his disease. I have stayed away mostly from dating because of it. But over the years I have found that you are scared of rejection, but if the guy "truly" doesn't care for you then why would you want him anyway. I know easier said than done. But truth is you didn't ask for this disease and he can't blame you and should appreciate that you care enough to tell him. Take a deep breath and believe in yourself. Good luck!

Shayna
Boy do I know how you feel. I have felt like damaged goods for years since my boyfriend cheated on me and left me with his disease. I have stayed away mostly from dating because of it. But over the years I have found that you are scared of rejection, but if the guy "truly" doesn't care for you then why would you want him anyway. I know easier said than done. But truth is you didn't ask for this disease and he can't blame you and should appreciate that you care enough to tell him. Take a deep breath and believe in yourself. Good luck!

I loved this part "believe in yourself"!

Perfect!!