World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
hell5410

need all the advice and help I can get

hell5410

Hello, just finally started to accept that I have this infection now. I found out on 5/04/10, hence the user name hell5410. I'm glad to know that here is a place we can go to talk about our problems. The reason for the late acceptence was that I had been waiting for my WB test just to confirm it. I heard that it is the gold standard. The results just simply said evidence of past HSV2 infection. I sort of wish that I didn't ask for the test, because ingnorance was bliss, I haven't had any syptoms, Praise God. Thats the upside of this awful perdicament.:(

RealisticGal

Hi and welcome to the forum. What made you decide to get tested?

MunkyLuvr
Hello, just finally started to accept that I have this infection now. I found out on 5/04/10, hence the user name hell5410. I'm glad to know that here is a place we can go to talk about our problems. The reason for the late acceptence was that I had been waiting for my WB test just to confirm it. I heard that it is the gold standard. The results just simply said evidence of past HSV2 infection. I sort of wish that I didn't ask for the test, because ingnorance was bliss, I haven't had any syptoms, Praise God. Thats the upside of this awful perdicament.:(

dont lose hope... educate yourself. education is the key to any solution for any problem. surround yourself with support (this is a great place to start) and be strong in who you are... this is just a bump in the road... you are still YOU... no matter what a diagnosis says. Hold up your head, be you... educate!! You will find someone that loves you, you will be okay.

much love, ML

hell5410

thanks

:rolleyes:Thanks you guys for your post to my thread. It has been an ok day for me so far. I'm still a little shakey but I am learning to count the positive and not the negative, plus I know that their are others who know what I am going through.

LOVE4

Welcome! Everything gets better with time! I am right there with you hun! I will be here to talk if you need. I am newly diagnosed too.:(

MunkyLuvr

oh, guess now I can join the talks... on day 5 of new diagnosis... no fun =(

hell801 for me... lol:dong:

hell5410

Funny

How are you doing today. I had a good day today. I got nails n pedi, plus I did my hair. That always makes me feel better. Plus a guy flirted with me today. I can still flirt at least that hasn't changed for me. Sorry to hear about you being newly diagnosed, it is so depressing, and really hard to sleep or wake up because that is the first thing you think about. I wonder if I will ever stop thinking about the situation.

MunkyLuvr

getting better... the ob finally went away, still feel achey... weirdest thing... now every little ache and twinge gets me all worked up waiting for ob... *sigh* turning into a hyperchondriac!!! i think about it alot... cry once in a while... i feel so unsexy, unattractive... i pulled away from my bf for a bit, just felt dirty and didnt wanna get touched.... i hope this all goes away....

The only nice thing about all this is having my bf with me... he still feels terrible (he gave to me) and we've been talking a lot... he makes me sleep, makes me eat (lost my appetite from valtrex), lysine helps alot... i know its not a death sentence. i know it doesnt define me.... its just something new and weird to deal with.... i always worry i will inadvertently give it to my kids or something ridiculous like that... paranoia... must be one of the steps of dealing with this... lol

funny, even though my bf is H+, i still feel gross and worry bout him getting it somewhere else on his body (mouth esp).... guess i need to just enjoy that he loves me, get over and get on....

p.s. i agree, flirting is 100% okay! and pedis are the BEST!

hell5410

glad ur doing better

Glad urn doing better as for me right now I feel low, I also feel kinda of numb. I got more great news yesterday. My ex boyfriend love of my life is getting married. Yeah for me, right. I wish I could just forget about this and live my life normally and not worry about it until I meet someone I mean why stress when I still haven't meet anyone.

MunkyLuvr

honey, stop worrying about everyone and everything else... just take care of yourself.... After my divorce several yrs ago, i spent so much time making myself crazy about what he was doing, what my kids were doing.... it wasnt till i started taking care of me and doing all those "shoulda woulda couldas" that I really truly found myself... I took martial arts, art classes, started learning a new language, spent more time with my kids.... H5410- take this time to focus on you.. the real you-find out what it is you are all about, what you want, the things you like to do... you would be surprised how much you didnt know about yourself... the way i look at it, being H+ means you gotta learn to focus on the relationship (not physicallity)... and in order to focus on a relationship, you have to know yourself..... so start there and THEN you can find that one that is made just for you..... =)

hell5410

so right

Munkyluvr, that was the best advice I got scine I started the forum. Thanks, I did take time out yesterday to have a heart to heart with God and I feel relieved about things now. i know there will be down days, but I also know there will be wayn more good days. I am glad ur feelinmg better.