World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Oregonguy77

Got tested... Retest needed??

Oregonguy77

Sooo about two weeks ago I thought I was exposed to hsv2. Just got my results back from a test I took Wednesday and blood and swab both came back negative. Should I retest in a month or am I good?

Shayna

I believe they recommend waiting 3 months for another test to allow time for antibodies to build. Good Luck!

Oregonguy77
I believe they recommend waiting 3 months for another test to allow time for antibodies to build. Good Luck!

Is it common to get a negative blood and swab test after two weeks and then a positive test three months later?

RealisticGal
Sooo about two weeks ago I thought I was exposed to hsv2. Just got my results back from a test I took Wednesday and blood and swab both came back negative. Should I retest in a month or am I good?

Did you actually have a lesion that they swabbed?

Oregonguy77
Okay, then how did they do a swab test on you?

In my urethra

RealisticGal

I see. But you have had no pain during urination, right?

I really think it is most likely you didn't contract anything from your encounter. But if you want a bit more peace of mind, you might try another type specific blood test somewhere around the 3+ month time frame.