Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zelectron

09 july 2010: FDA Approves Beech Tree Labs' Oral Herpes IND Application

7 posts in this topic

Cool!!!

I've never heard of it until now, but it definitely sounds very interesting!!!

http://www.beechtreelabs.com/productdevelopment/candidates/herpes

Product Candidate Description

This single molecule has been used by Beech Tree's physicians and veterinarians to address all herpes infections of man and animals. Diseases responding to this approach include herpes simplex types I and II, herpes zoster (chickenpox), shingles, infectious mononucleosis, cytomegalovirus, and Bell’s palsy. Also, herpes infections of dogs and horses also respond quickly.

With a third of the world’s human population expected to suffer a herpes infection this year, the market for a safe product that can be used at the same dose for any such infection is extraordinary.

Laboratory Status

In vitro work conducted by company scientists has show results suggesting that this product inhibits re-assembly of virus particles after infection of cells and virus uncoating. Confirmatory work has yet to be completed. On-going genomics studies are revealing mechanism of action.

Clinical Status

Anecdotal experience by practitioners in the Beech Tree Labs' network indicate that this product candidate induces responses quickly and completely. No adverse effects have been reported.

Path Forward

An IND application focusing on recurrent oral herpes has been approved by the FDA.

So what is it and when will it be available? Is it a pill that you take?

IND means that the FDA gave green light to phase 1 clinical testing. Here's how the clinical trials work:

http://www.coolerheadsblog.com/Clinical%20Trial%20Process.jpg

Phase 1-3 trials take 5 years on average, though they may take up to 10 years in some cases. After that it takes the NDA about 2 years to review the product and after it is approved, it usually takes something like one or two years for the company to start manufacturing it. So in the idealistic scenario the product could enter the market in 3 or 4 years (clinical trials phases 1-3 may in some cases take only 2 years and it may sometimes take the NDA only 2 months to review the product). But realistically speaking, if everything goes well, we could have the product on market in 9, maybe 10 years.

Thanks for posting. Is there any way to stay updated on when they might be conducting clinical trials and such?

so this seems to be the closest thing to a cure? if i am mistaken? bloom is not even in pre clinical yet.

so should we focus on this instead of bloom or bavi? just throwing a suggestion out there!

so this seems to be the closest thing to a cure? if i am mistaken? bloom is not even in pre clinical yet.

so should we focus on this instead of bloom or bavi? just throwing a suggestion out there!

Bloom is in pre-clinical trials, in fact in the last stage of pre-clinicals. After trying the ribozyme in a rabbit model (which is what we raised the cash for) he will have to do some toxicology studies and then he'll apply for IND with the FDA. This stuff is ahead of Bloom, but only slightly (IND has been approved, but so far no phase 1 trials have started) and since very little info has been released on it, we don't know whether it is just another treatment or an actual cure. Bavi on the other hand is in stage 2 and when it reaches the market, it will be possible to have it prescribed by a doc off-label. We should continue working closely with Bloom and keep in touch with Peregrine, but at the same time we should contact Beech Tree Labs and figure out more about their product and the ways we could help. Do they have the funding they need? Did pharma companies express interest in their product? How does their product work? It would be good if Living contacted them, but unfortunately he got banned and an organized group of individuals can't work properly without contact with the president. Who else would have the guts to make a phonecall to a researcher or a pharma company and speak on behalf of the HCC as well as hundreds of millions of HSV sufferers worldwide? Many people on this forum are lazy just to write a stupid e-mail!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• freda jones121
      I never believed in Herbal Medicine until i met this special spell caster called Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine is a good remedy for Herpes, I was a carrier of Herpes and I saw a testimony on how Dr. IYAYA cure Herpes, I decided to contact, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr. IYAYA reach him on iyayasolutionhome@gmail.com
      You can go trough his site on www.iyayasolutionhome.simplesite.com
    • freda jones121
      I never believed in Herbal Medicine until i met this special spell caster called Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine is a good remedy for Herpes, I was a carrier of Herpes and I saw a testimony on how Dr. IYAYA cure Herpes, I decided to contact, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr. IYAYA reach him on iyayasolutionhome@gmail.com
    • freda jones121
    • freda jones121
    • freda jones121
    • teacup
      Hello everyone and thank you for being here, I contracted genital herpes 8 months ago during an incident of sexual violence. I never had a big outbreak. Considering all other risks, and all the emotional recovery I went through, I'm actually grateful that I got away with herpes actually. But I never thought about how to disclose it as I had no motivation or intention to be intimate with anyone nowadays. To my own surprise, this has changed now and I'm very interested in someone and he is rather attached to me emotionally - but maybe moving too fast.  The problem is we only met once at a family barbecue, after which he left to go back to his own country and he contacted me online. We were quite openly interested in each other when we met but his online communication moved too fast into romantic things and I joined in. And he is determined to come to my country again as soon as possible so that we can have a road trip together. I'm very happy about his presence in my life, would prefer to let things evolve a bit slower than this, but also joined him in this kind of talk. We haven't spoken about sex but it is so there with subtle references.  I feel helpless and clueless as to when to disclose it. He is a very sensitive person who has had his troubles in life - though I have no idea about how judgmental he would be in this. I'd understand if he doesn't choose to move on with me and I don't want him to build more dreams before he learns about this herpes. At the same time, I don't want to create an unneccessarily bad surprise by disclosing this to him in the middle of his romantic statements. I would feel comfortable with some friendly dialogue and I think I've made a mistake by joining in the online romance.  So, when and how to disclose this?  My friends tell me to wait until he comes here and things become more real. And I see the point. At the same time, I understand that someone else may feel differently about this.  I don't exactly know how to insert this into a romantic dialogue but I guess I could write a separate e-mail. I feel helpless and clueless and also a bit guilty now.  Any advice as to how to go from here would be welcome.  And thank you for reading this long post, teacup            
    • freda jones121
    • Ssn0932
      Blood test and visual confirmation from Doctor 
    • persevere1
      29/m hsv1. are there any single girls in the Chicago land area that would like to chat? 
    • Livenhappy
      I understand. Unfortunately, this is a lifelong situation and letting a skin condition, albeit a painful one when it shows up, should not dictate to you. Trust me, I am almost 50 years old, you don't want to carry fear of a blister or two around with you forever. 
  • Featured