World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
slim25

waiting...

slim25

Still waiting for the call to determine if I have HSV1 or HSV2. :(

I began experiencing pain while urinating about 2 weeks ago. I had just finished my period and honestly thought I was experiencing an allergic reaction to a new pantyliner, however I then noticed blisters that looked like canker sores on my labia. I treated the sores on my own for several days and then after talking to a friend decided to go to the doctor. The doctor said that "it certainly looked like it could be herpes" and did a culture and a blood test.

I told my bf, who I have been sexual active with over the past 7 months and am scared of the test results and of the outcome between us. I know for certain that he suffers from cold sores, and has had one during our time together. He was confused and scared, just as I was. He told me that he promised if he had herpes he got it from me. I was shocked by his initial response. He then told me that he was sorry if I thought he was being insensitive and that he was confused and that there was no reason to worry when we weren't sure what the diagnosis was. He said that it didn't change the way he felt about me and that we would work through it. He said that he was sorry if it was caused by him, however pointed out that he was tested following his last relationship and hadn't been with anyone in the meantime.

I was in a serious relationship for five years that ended in 2008 after which I was tested. Aside from him and my current bf, I have only slept with one other person which was over a year ago, however was not tested after this brief relationship. If the herpes ends up being HSV2, I have no idea who I got it from. I am so confused by how long symptoms begin after exposure or if they lay dormant. I have read so many websites and think that I am stressing myself out more.

Aside from the sores I also experienced soreness in the lymph nodes of my groin. No fever, or nausea. No itching or discharge. The symptoms lasted about a week and aside from a little redness everything is looking normal.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

Misty67

Hi and welcome!

Sorry for what you are going through right now...

If your current BF suffers from cold sores and gives you oral sex it can be passed that way. If you are postive for HSV1 that is "probably" how you got it. Is your BF having any genital problems?

Yes it can also lay dormant for years...that is the cause for lots of people on this forum.

Hang in there! you found a great site for support!

slim25

No, my BF has never had genital symptoms. Which has led to lots of confusion. Luckily his doctor explained how transferring HSV1 to the genitals is possible.