World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
NotTarnished

Hello

NotTarnished

Hello, I'm a 21 y.o. female and I just had my first OB about 4 month ago, it was completely a shock to me. I thought my world was coming to an end I thought i was branded and labeled and some how tarnished and damaged. A lot of the information on this site was very helpful. Helped to know that i'm not alone, I'm not any less of a person because I have this. its just something I have to deal with. My first OB was pretty severe but cotton pants, long skirts with no undies was the best though, and epsom salt baths along with the usual dose of valtrex helped heal my soars within a week. I have a feeling I might be getting another OB but i have been trying to keep my stress level down and if this is another OB it's hardly anything. BTW, I'm a very ADD writer I jump from topic to topic but what I really want to convey is that just because you have herpes does NOT mean the you become herpes, nearly everybody gets a cold soar at some point in there life, you just happen to get them below the belt, yes its more painful but generally not life threatening and you will get through your OB's by taking them one day at a time that's the best you can do.

hopeful07

Hey

Im a newbie too and your positive attitude has really encouraged me. I hope i can get to where u are in a few weeks!!!! :D

NotTarnished

Its just the truth guys, take away the unnecessary social stigma and you have an uncontrollable fact of life. I owe my outlook to my fiancee and my parents the only 3 other people on the world who know about it besides my doctors, with out there support I would be a mess. When I first found out I had HSV2 my self esteem was absolutely devastated, it completely destroyed me. I felt dirty, unclean, like a leaper. But I can talk about it now even joke about it. It definitely doesn't change anything about who you are as a person. If you need me ever for words of encouragement you know where to find me. :wavey: