World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
livingsmarter

A Somber Introduction

livingsmarter

I was diagnosed with HSV-1 this afternoon and know that I contracted it oral to genital. I am married but have not made the greatest decisions of late. So of course my guilt is eating me up. I have told my husband and he has been extremely supportive! I am very lucky as he said that it sounds like I could have contracted this years ago or from him even and I'll never know and should stop stressing as it is manageable!

I called the nurse several times, asking if I could ever have sex without condoms and if I could engage in oral, not to mention having a second child. She said of course I could when not having an outbreak. Pregnancy is not an issue, they'll put me on meds if I conceive again right before delivery. I then called back asking for HIV testing. I just had a Pap a week ago and the results were fine and HPV was negative. I had what appeared like an ingrown hair that did not get better that prompted my visit to th gyno this Monday. She said it seems unnecessary but again, I haven't made the greatest choices of late, what does everyone think? I'm freaking out that I may have something more serious!

What about a "normal" sex life, is it true? Feel like I'm navigating an emotional mine field!

regret

your husband should get tested also,, if he has it then you dont have to worry, i doubt if you have anything more serious... just relax your going over the edge here