World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
GntiNh

What's your dream?

GntiNh

What dream do you have that if you could you would make real?

cookie1978

A real dream...

I find myself in the beginning of a journey that could possibly lead me to fulfilling a long time dream.

I've always wanted to open up this one business... a family business. I've always wanted to have a farm, a ranch for horses (my passion) and a dairy cattle production farm. Make cheese and butter, produce milk.... then I could use some of those products in the business I want to open up: a bakery and restaurant.

Now I just need to win the lottery.... :alberteinstein::proud:

MsLucy

As retarded as this sounds, I'd love to open a used furniture store. Not an antique store, but just regular old used furniture that still has some life left in it. Sort of like me... used, and maybe showing a little wear around the edges, but still comfortable and functional. Buying used furniture is just practical if you have young kids, or if you're like me and have dogs who think you've furnished the house solely for their comfort.

Yeah, a used furniture store would be cool. So would a cottage in the mountains, or one on the water. Or maybe to live long enough to have grandkids. Or maybe just to wake up tomorrow with a roof still over my head, food on the table, and no bill collectors at my door.

My real and true dream is to learn to be content with what I have, and stop wanting what I don't (or can't) have. When I reach that point, I'll know I've got everything I need... peace of mind.

Oh, and one more thing... I want to die with William Orbit's Adagio for Strings playing in the background. Anyone who's ever heard it will understand.

listentometalk

Well, I want to live well into my eighties, that's the first thing. I want to see what becomes of this world by then - how far the technology is pushed, how different future generations will be. Honestly, if the world doesn't even last that long, I'd be glad to have been alive at the end, to have been a part of something so astronomically important.

And I want to leave a legacy of some sort - preferably storytelling, music, art, something. I want there to be a trace of me circulating the net, being read or heard or looked at from time to time, long after I'm dead. I want to leave a body of work that will read like an epitaph for my soul - something that can give people a sense of who I was, of what my experience was like here. I want to reach out and brush against someone, to wink at them from beyond the grave. Art can do that for people, it can immortalize you.

But until I'm old and ready to leave this place, I just want to experience life through a creative lens. I want to capture small moments and give them meaning, to share the wonderful things I see in my head with other people. In life, as in death, my burning goal is to brush against other people, to have real human moments. For me, everything pales in comparison to that one thing. I don't necessarily mean going out to a bar and socializing about pop culture or current events, though. I'm talking about D.H. Lawrence's confrontation of the soul (paraphrased in Waking Life, for anyone who's seen it), that unmistakable moment of having seen beyond the veil. That's the kind of thing I want to experience as much of as possible before I'm ready to call it a day and tuck in for the night.

Qwerty01

Start Living

My dream is to finally meet The love of my life my soul mate. A man who doesnt play mind games and doesnt make me feel less then I am. I dream of romance and contentment. Two people who get along and love one another more then themselves. Laugh together, Love together watch sunsets together.

I might have read to many romance novels as a kid and none of it is possiable. but I can dream.

AmericanAngel

My dream is to go to college finally get a good degree and be able to support myself I want a house that is mine a car that is mine I want to fill it with friends so im never alone and to be happy

RealisticGal

I'm with Qwerty. I dream of finding lasting love.

But does it have to be just one thing?

I also dream of playing in a great jazz band, helping kids somehow (preferably something with education), and creating art.

Oh, and I would love to open a tea house! :D

GntiNh
I'm with Qwerty. I dream of finding lasting love.

But does it have to be just one thing?

I also dream of playing in a great jazz band, helping kids somehow (preferably something with education), and creating art.

Oh, and I would love to open a tea house! :D

I've been a waitress, any chance of a job?

RealisticGal
I've been a waitress, any chance of a job?

Absolutely! And resident tea consultant! Of course, there are certain requirements. You would have to be happy working in a place that looks something like this:

18356_1199491910003_1309695625_30552804_6833810_n.jpg

RealisticGal

Oh, no darling. Long skirt, high collar, pinafore apron, button top shoes. We are proper Victorians, don't you know?

(Feel free to go commando under the skirt.) :rolleyes:

GntiNh

Ok I can do Victorian, but the only time I've gone without was when I had my first ob. Knickers are a must for me.

Our we going to serve Afternoon Teas?

RealisticGal

Afternoon tea, for certain. Feel free to wear knickers!

Anonymous97

I couldn't have said it better

My dream is to finally meet The love of my life my soul mate. A man who doesnt play mind games and doesnt make me feel less then I am. I dream of romance and contentment. Two people who get along and love one another more then themselves. Laugh together, Love together watch sunsets together.

I might have read to many romance novels as a kid and none of it is possiable. but I can dream.

We want the same things Qwert

elmerette

First and foremost, a decent job!!! AFter that I would like to travel on my vacations, see the world. Then would love the woman of my dreams love me as I love her, selflessly, completely. I think we all would like someone to grow old with! I would eventually like to meet all the dear friends I have made on here...guess thats it, I'm basically a simple sort.

RealisticGal

And a reliable computer, eh, Elm?

(Ahhh...we can dream.) :rolleyes:

elmerette

lol gal, yes, we can dream!!! thanks for pointing out the omission :D

AF Vet

My dream.... <3

Bet you can guess.... LOL To Marry Sean once we're both comfortable again when he returns. Help him build up his land. Have a child or two for him, whenever and if ever that happens... Raise our children... Gods hoping for them to be positive and fruitful additions to the human race and not burdens upon it... WE're trying....

Money doesn't mean much to either of us, so I'd like to be comfortable. Able to pay the bills and not worry about anything.

For later... I hope to grow old with him and continue to put a smile on his face, and the reverse for him. There's nothing in the world like dealing with a Soldier... And it takes a special kind of woman to do it. But there's absolutely NOTHING to compair to an OLD Soldier!!! LMAO!!!

I love you Sean! Stay prone and keep your powder dry!!

~J