World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
new2010

i just found out today

new2010

Hi,

what can i say i cant change the past, but i just went to the dr and they found a sore. For the first time i felt like just dying. I feel so stupid. I told my bf thats it, i cant tell my mom she would just die. I dont know anything about herpes at all. I have so many questions???? Can you guys help me??? And give me advice? I have 2 kids i feel like i just failed them.

Im so torn apart:(

thnx e

package deal

First hugs and kisses to you. You are not alone. I am so glad you found us but sorry you had to. What your feeling is normal. You do not have to tell your mother.or any other family members if you do not want to

you are not failing your kids

the first step is to cry, It healthy for you.

n the side bar you will see many links for info on herpies. Go and read it, study it. knowledge is power.

do u know what kind of Herpies you have? herpes 1 is mouth and herpies 2 is in private areas if you geet my meaning

are you taking any med for your out breaK? REMMBER THIS; NOT ALL PEOPLE who geeeet herpies get a lot of outbreaks. Some only have initial outbreak then never outbreak again

first outbreak is the worse. Any questions you have just ask an we will help

linda

Guest ArmyRanger

I'm pretty new to herpes myself, found out a little over a week ago that I probably had it for awhile but just now got my 1st outbreak. The good thing is it can be treated with medication, the sores go away quicker w/ the meds, and they have suppression methods you can use everyday, all sorts of things to minimize outbreaks in the future. And its not going to kill you or make your life any different, except maybe when it comes to sex and telling someone about it, and now you can finally check one of those boxes on medical surveys! J/K. But its not as big a deal as you might of thought or heard before finding out you got it.

RealisticGal

It is a misconception that HSV Type 1 is oral and HSV Type 2 is genital. That is not always true. Either type can live in either area.

It is just that HSV1 prefers the face and HSV2 prefers the genitals.

However, it has been noted by researchers that genital HSV1 is on the rise.

BubblesMcGee

I am sooo sorry!!

I am soo sorry that you have to go through this, but know that youre not alone. I am 19 and found out a year ago that I had gotten it from a boyfriend. Please dont feel so helpless, you have not failed anyone. So life handed you a bag of lemons, it handed me one too, and i have to tell you that it does stink sometimes, but in the end it will help you to grow as a person. You can get through this. Just because you have this doesnt mean your life is over, that your kids will love you any less, that the world is coming crashing down on you, it doesnt mean anyyy of those things. It means you have an obstacle to overcome. Realize there is nothing that you can do about it, you cant go back and change the outcome. It is what it is. Its up to you to accept it and realize that it doesnt end your life. And that if you need support we are all here to support you, to support each other. We have all been through that first outbreak. it sucks, but it'll end. Life will go on. Be strong. We're standing behind you. =)

RealisticGal
Hi,

what can i say i cant change the past, but i just went to the dr and they found a sore. For the first time i felt like just dying. I feel so stupid. I told my bf thats it, i cant tell my mom she would just die. I dont know anything about herpes at all. I have so many questions???? Can you guys help me??? And give me advice? I have 2 kids i feel like i just failed them.

So they found a sore at your doctor's office...

Did they do a swab of it to make sure it is caused by herpes? Did they draw your blood to be tested for antibodies to herpes?

Or did they just look at it and say you have herpes?

A lot of things look like herpes but are not. Visual diagnosis is very unreliable.

If you didn't have a REAL laboratory test (swab and/or blood test), you should get that done to be sure.

Here's a link to some info about Diagnosing Herpes.

new2010

Well I went to the ER because it felt like I had a horrible yeast infection (i knew something was really wrong) , but when he did the test he told me they found no yeast/bacteria and said they found a sore. They never took my blood. My "test" have not come back yet, so I have to wait. They gave me acyclovir and ciprofloxacin. I was swollen burning iching like hell! my whole area felt bruised like was was punched 100 times. Is this the way your suppose to feel? Ive never had an sti or std? im still a little ichy down there, what should i use to calm the ichyness. i bought vagisil anti itch cream? im going to follow up with a gyno. I just moved so now i have to find a new one. this sucks so bad :(

thanks for all the help and support you guys, you really made me feel so much better!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

FuzzySkittle

Not Alone!

I am new to this website, I've had herpes for about a year now. I slept with someone knowing that he had it but thought that I was 100% protected with a condom...boy was I wrong. When I had my first outbreak, it was horrible! I could barely walk for about a week. The outbreaks are about once a month now. Everytime around my period. What you're describing could be herpes but you should definitely wait for the test results, and make sure you get retested in 6 months if they come back negative (that's how long it takes for your body to build up the anti-bodies for the virus). If you need any help or someone to talk to, we are all here.

I wish I had this place a year ago but just recently found it.