Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamie0330

Genital Herpes and Working out

5 posts in this topic

Since i have had genital herpes - i have noticed i am having a really hard time working out.

i get tired easily.

i used to be very very atheletic. since i have had GH i get tired easily. could it be because my body is working extra hard to fight the herpes virus AND work out at the same time??? i also am more sore after my workouts than usual since ive had GH it just takes alot out of me, tho.

however, ever since i have been working out i have had less outbreaks and if i do have an outbreak, they seem shorter than normal.

anybody have the same issues?

interested to hear these replies - ive had this a month now - its healed, but there are scars and im uncomfortable down there...i wanted to start working out this week but i cant imagine its going to be comfortable...

I've recently started working out 5 days a week (for the past month), and taking the supplements from Dynamiclear.

I feel exhausted throughout my day, and was hoping that working out would give me some much needed energy. I'm still unsure if it's the summer heat that is draining me, or the H. Specifically, I am not tired whilst I work out, rather tired throughout my entire day.... I am however, finding my neck is quite a bit stiffer...

Ahhh...who knows? Am I imagining any of this? I don't know. I read things on here (sore butt, sore upper legs, etc..) regarding others symptoms...I almost feel as though they are happening to me?

Good luck, and I can't wait to see what others have to say about this!

well, i have felt uncomfortable down below when having an outbreak. the sweat burns the blisters and clothing rubs and catches on the sores. i try my best to put some vagasil down there. but mostly, on the days when it is a fresh sore, i dont do a whole lot of moving around. i just skip my workouts on those days.

i need people's replies. does anyone else have the same issues as we do in the main topic post? comments appreciated!

Admittedly, I haven't been working out lately, but when I was hitting the gym regularly, I can't say I felt any different after contracting H than before. I usually went about 4 days a week and did a normal workout, which is what I'd been doing for years prior to H. I did abstain from going while in the midst of an OB, however. I didn't want to put that extra stress on my body, and I think that's a wise choice. Better to rest up for a day or two and let your body take care of the business at hand... healing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• WilsoInAus
      This is very unlikely to be genital herpes of either type. Many things can cause a blister like lesion such as yeast and staph. It is possible you have an oral HSV-1 infection (despite testing negative) and this would mean you do not have genital HSV-1 owing to the immunity. It is also possible that you have actually experience bacterial issues or similar that have appeared like cold sores.
    • WilsoInAus
      No need for any special practices. Simply best not to touch an active sore or let them touch another person. No need for too much special concern cleaning your face, but might give you confidence to use cotton balls to wipe your face apart from the cold sore. Owing to your immune system you have virtually no chance of being infected elsewhere on your body.
    • Voyager2
      The 75mg daily dose of the original pritelivir led to an 87% reduction in the relative risk of viral shedding, which would likely curb the spread of HSV, especially if combined with Acyclovir. The reason they put the program on hold was because they gave monkeys 70 TIMES this daily dosage and the monkeys had skin problems. But who is going to take 70 times the normal amount? If they are now continuing with pritelivir development, they should at least mention that the "snag" was reconciled. Why keep everybody in the dark?  If not interrupted, we could have used Pritelivir for a few years, then switched to a more advanced therapeutic vaccine or drug in a few more years. Maybe this story will have a happy ending after all.
    • Lisajd
      It's great to see other people with positive attitudes and im very similar in that i learned years ago to be grateful for what i have because there are worth of people in the world and me and when i was diagnosed the year ago i pretty much accepted it because of those thoughts.  Of course my biggest fear was that no one would want me but that's proven to be completely untrue but I've also found that being fortunate enough to have no outbreaks has made a real difference as well. Unfortunately there are some people who have constant symptoms and really struggle with this mentally and it's a shame because as you said herpes really doesn't change your life but your mindset does if you let it
    • Lisajd
      It could be either.  Generally symptoms are tingling and itching.  Friction can cause an outbreak though.   If you are in your first year you will shed more but it also depends on how often you have outbreaks as to how much you shed as well and if you are on anti virals you shed less   It's funny it reminds me of a time when I had sex with my boyfriend and I felt this really hot burning sensation but it was because he was eating chili during the day and must have got under his finger nails.  
    • Lisajd
      It's actually interesting the whole lysine vs arginine thing because even Terri Warren said there is no valid evidence that a diet high in lysine and low in arginine makes a difference.  She said  it's more about some things trigger outbreaks more than they do others in different people.  I also read that lysine is not very effective with HSV 2.  @Shocked&Confused it really is a trial and error situation I know for me that eating nuts on a daily basis have not been a problem I think a lot of things are in moderation as well but I would suggest just keeping normal diet and if you have an outbreak assess what you had it in prayer and you will know what your triggers are at least while you're developing antibodies in the first year it might be a different story with your diet.    
    • Lisajd
      Also if you are on antivirals lysine isn't going to make any difference and even with HSV 2 the jury is out on whether it's effective anyway so you might be wasting your money on that one.  Definitely the stress is going to be a contributor so perhaps you can find some natural supplements to help you manage that better.  Is there anything else going on in your life as in hormonal changes are you getting your periods all the time as well
    • Hester
      Are the outbreaks finally getting under control?  Hope you're doing better. 
    • Hester
      I made the mistake of buying a pack of peanut butter cookies from the grocery store bakery and eating almost the whole thing in one herpes-induced depression cry-fest Wednesday night and by Friday...BOOM!  No more peanut butter for me
    • Hester
      I found your blog.   I saw that you changed to About Time protein powder. You like banana the best?  I'm thinking I'll try the vanilla but I'm worried the flavor might not be good.....  
  • Featured