Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BPGoddess

Lysol Kills Herpes Simplex Virus Types 1 and 2 in 10 minutes

6 posts in this topic

So I was cleaning the bathtub this morning at my mom's house where I'm visiting and I noticed the Lysol Disinfectant Spray near the bathtub. I always love reading the back of skincare products and sometimes cleaning products (as in this case) so I picked up the can of Lysol. According to the back label of Lysol, it disinfects and kills the following viruses: Influenza, Avian Influenza, Hepatitis A, and Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and 2 among other viruses in 10 MINUTES. It also referred to these viruses as HOUSEHOLD GERMS.

Lysol kills hsv?

So i say really? And if so how would u use it to kill the hsv 1 or 2? Please if u know let me know

Yes, lysol kill germs on OBJECTS...surly that is what you are referring to.

Yes, on objects like Misty said. Unfortunately there isn't a cure...

And how nice of you to clean her tub!!! ;):flowers:

Oust does the same thing. I read that on the can awhile ago when I got diagnosed last November. It kills the virus on objects. Also Meijer brand disinfectant wipes kill hsv on objects as well.

I dont think I want to put what I use to clean the tub and the toilet on my vajayjay...as bad as ob's can be, I'd rather keep my tender areas lysol free....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• LillianPanos
      Sorry to hear this keep us posted
    • TheJourney
      Your situation is a little similar to mine. I, too, recently met a woman who has HSV2. However, she only told me that she was HSV2 positive after we slept together, unprotected, about 6 times. And, the impetus was me asking her if she had any diseases that I should know about. I was expecting a "no", of course. Like your situation, she told me that she has had it for about 30 years, had three children, never gave it to her husband, never gave it to her boyfriends since her divorce 4 years ago, and knows from her "tingling" feeling when she will have a rare outbreak.  My doctor basically told me that continuing to sleep with her, even with protection and her on a viral suppressant, is Russian roulette. No numbers were given to me as far as odds,  and nor have I been able to research any odds of contraction with these circumstances. Where did doctor get such odds? 
    • Maybe1day
      This is from the article. I don't know much about trials, but is this statement alone not pointing to a trial being ran in the U.S.? If not, why not disclose the proposed location?   With venture capital funding, RVx has developed the infrastructure to run a Phase I Clinical Trial of its new TheravaxHSV-2 vaccine (http://rationalvaccines.com/theravax). This therapeutic HSV-2 vaccine candidate will be evaluated in genital herpes sufferers to verify its safety and explore its potential to help sufferers achieve better immune control of HSV-2 and fewer herpes outbreaks.
    • TCBH
      Varivax Vaccine update:  It's been a couple of weeks and I have had one of the worst outbreaks to date.  I'm hoping it is my body having something like Herxheimer reaction which means it's going to get worse before it gets better.  I'll keep you posted.
    • lucabrasi
      Thanks for the replies.    She has type 2 which she contracted during an experiment with anal sex 20 years ago. She is on Valtrex and hasn't had an outbreak in 2 years. Since the time she contracted it, she's married for 12 years and gave birth to her now 15 year old daughter, and she tells me she has never passed it on to anyone else. (She did not contract it from her ex-husband) I spoke to my doctor who tells me the suppressive therapies these days are so good, that statistically i have about a 1:100,000 chance of contracting it unprotected and about a million to one chance if I use condoms as long as she isn't having an outbreak. I'm not sure I'm looking for answers here, just maybe trying to gain some understanding, including what this is like for her. She disclosed all of this to me early on in our relationship and has been very forthcoming and open so I trust her completely. 
    • Maybe1day
      Doesn't it almost sound like he's already seen it's results in humans? He would look like a complete fool if he were promising all this and then not deliver, dont you think? 
    • Free73
      There is great information here, but quite honestly, most of it is catering to those who have the virus and so you may read a lot of stuff that probably isn't relevant to you and which might 'scare' you unnecessarily. Aside from knowing how to best reduce the risks of transmission and what the risks are (which Lisa has covered above), there is not too much else that would be of great benefit to you. Be careful not to get into analysis paralysis from information overload. I wish you both well
    • Dragonfly07
      A little update. I took everyone's advice. I ended up having a talk with him because after spending more time together I could see things going somewhere. He was actually very understanding and non judgmental. He knows someone who has it so he is familiar with the virus. I feel a million times better. I feel like a weight was lifted off my chest. I do however feel lucky to have been able to have such a good first conversation on the topic. I know that is not always the case. After this, I have decided I will not let fear take over.  
    • Lisajd
      Do you know which type she has?  Given that she's had it for about 20 years and if she suppresses the virus very well as in has not had any outbreaks for a while she is pretty low risk.   If she uses medication and you use condoms that brings that down to about 2% risk at any rate.  But you'll get some good information here and  ask questions if you have any but I guess you always have to keep in mind that there is a risk and you have to be prepared to take it.  
    • Maybe1day
  • Featured