Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GulliverJ

Women?? HSV, HPV, Yeast Infections? Lysine...

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Sorry for the confusing title but in a way all that is mentioned may be relevant and I'm hoping some feedback may get me, more importantly my girlfriend in the right direction.

Its been 9 months since we confirmed we both have HSV2 and believe I was the culprit. Nonetheless we have continued our relationship since. About 6 months ago her OBGYN diagnosed her and treated her for HPV and in her return trips say the cervical cancer cells are no longer present. For about the last 4-6 months or so, my girlfriends vaginal fluids have gone array. When clear, its still thick and kind of sticky and at other times its really thick and white.

Lately that thickness of her vaginal fluid has been turning clumpy even or with slight greenness in its color. She has been to 2-3 different OBGYN's 5 or 6 times over the last several months and each and every time they diagnose her with a Yeast Infection, give her some pills to take and to stick inside her and send her home. These have yet to make an impact.

I mention the lysine because she is taking 1000mg a day of it. Her body is handling is the HSV very well as she never gets any OB's or atleast that we know of. I do get them and we do have unprotected sex.

Does any of this sound familiar to you women on your experiences or solutions?

Thanks for reading and responding if you have an thoughts or suggestions.

J

You could both have thrush (obviously I'm not a doctor) but speaking from my own experiences I had a similar problem.

Many years ago I was plagued with thrush. I went backwards and forwards to the doctor and got tablets etc to treat it. I carried on having sex with my then husband during the brief days when the symptoms cleared, but then I would start to get the itching and discharge again.

It wasn't until my own doctor was not available and I had an appointment with another doctor, that he said that my husband should also get treatment for thrush as well. He explained that we could be passing backwards and forwards between us (my husband never showed any symptoms for thrush). So we both got treatment and the thrush disappeared.

I would go back to the doctor and get checked out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• TeMama
      I need to build up my faith. But being so doubtful idk how. I've always believed in a higher power that's saved my ass before. So I know he can do it again!!! I declare my healing from herpes!!
    • TeMama
      I want to believe because I've seen God work wonders. I'm dealing with herpes and sometimes it's so hard to keep faith. I have been through situations and God brought me out of, and I still have no explanation for it till this day. I believe I can be healed, not only for me but to be a better mother for my children. Im just kinda low in faith. How can I build up my faith when I'm so down?
    • Iamonlyahuman19
      If you can tolerate coconut oil, then I would definitely recommend monolaurin.  For me it works better than acyclovir.   Less itching and no outbreaks.  It has also a lot of other benefits just like coconut oil does.
    • Melne24
      After my first outbreak which was a little over a year ago, I would feel sore all along the dermatome of where my outbreak occured (on my outer thigh).  It felt like it was bruised.  A month and a half ago the soreness got much more severe and the next day my second outbreak started.  If your feeling pain in that area I would definitely sustain from having intercourse just to be safe.  I've read a lot about natural ways to prevent an outbreak, and if your body is showing signs of pain in that area then that means your immune system isn't where it should be.  I'm trying a more natural approach than taking antivirals, which I've heard is very toxic to your body. Have you heard of Monolaurin?  It's a natural anti-viral and strong immune booster.  https://www.lauricidin.com.  I just started taking it, so I'm not sure of how affective it is just yet. "monolaurin, a nontoxic, antiviral supplement made from lauric acid (a fatty acid found in breast milk) and glycerin. It is used to treat infections with all strains of the herpes virus along with other viral infections including measles, and HIV, the human immunodeficiency virus that causes AIDS. Monolaurin is believed to have the potential to permanently inactivate the fat coated viruses that cause these diseases by fluidizing the lipids (fats) and phospholipids in their envelopes, leading to the disintegration of viral particles. Monolaurin, sold under the brand name Lauricidin®, comes in the form of mini pellets. Dosage should be individualized, and Dr. Jon J. Kabara, the physician/researcher who developed monolaurin, says that the usual recommended initial dose is 1.5 grams once or twice a day for one or two weeks. The dose can be increased to 3.0 grams once or twice daily thereafter. A maintenance dose can be 3.0 grams two or three times a day. The idea is to start with a low dose and then increase it gradually until you notice a positive response. Take monolaurin only under the supervision of your physician, who can prescribe it, determine your best dosage and monitor your progress. Dr. Kabara has, however, generously offered to respond to individual questions about dosage submitted with orders via his Web site, www.lauricidin.com."  http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00372/Herpes-Treatment.html  
    • My Ria
      Sorry, that one was not highlighted it reads: HSV2 IGG, AB HERPESSELECT  0.65
    • november13
      I also have genital HSV1 and have never been rejected for it. That said, I am 10 years older than you so guys are more mature. I can't imagine how hard it must be for someone your age. But it's not hopeless! Like I said, I've never been rejected for having genital herpes, and I think the main key is to choose partners that are kind and trustworthy (though there are plenty of lesser partners out there that'll be fine with it too!). You said that this guy wants to have sex with you, but is he kind to you? Do you trust him? Does he talk about people behind their back? Does he listen to you? I usually tell partners while having a discussion about our lives, not when we are deciding whether to have sex or date. I explain that this hard thing happened to me but it actually hasn't been bad symptom-wise and the difficult part for me was getting over the stigma. (You can insert your own story here of course.) I don't apologize or talk down about myself. For me, this approach makes it easier because, if I were to be rejected, it wouldn't be so obvious or immediate. This has always worked for me. Good luck!
    • VVK
      You're missing the hsv 2 igg AB herpesselect reading.. double check your printout to make sure you didn't forget to include it. It's very important for deciphering the results here. Also double check any typos on your results that you transcribed onto here. Right now it is definitely an infection by HSV2 - it could be both HSV1 and HSV2 but the missing line would tell us more about that and whether or not its a historic infection.
    • VVK
      Jess, I always suggest to people in your position (who are bothered by the virus and/or disclosure) to first ask their prospective sexual partner whether or not they have ever had cold sores. Chances are that your partner will have had them and when they tell you this, your disclosure is simple - "hey, me too". And that would be the end of that. If your partner says that they haven't had cold sores, then you have a decision to make: you can press further and say you'd like your partner to get tested before having sex, since knowing their status is important to you - or you can just disclose your own status and see what happens. Wilso's approach to calling it the "cold sore virus" is fine and it really doesn't matter enough to tell whether it's oral or genital. It's equally infectious in a sexual setting (even though it's arguably less risky to have it genitally).
    • jessfrench05
      So is hsv2 have more outbreaks usually? By the way thanks for all the advice youve all helped me think about this and learn more about it which is something ive avoided. 
    • Acesheart
      Hey EM, I too had a hysterectomy at 40's but didn't get into meno until late 40's. I've had more outbreaks scares then ever before and i am 53 now. They seem to feel like an obvious outbreak coming on but never fully develop into a full outbreak, just burns and tingles in the vag areas and buttocks area. I have ghsv2 for decades and i am married so no sexy times when i feel them. I just take 1000 mgs for the few days and they seem to go away  . I kept my older scripts filled so i now have a 6 months supply.  Stress is still my biggest trigger and these days stresses are running high  . Hope this helps to know you are most certainly not alone in this newest phase (meno-land) , it really does suck to hell and back. Life is funny like that I guess. Truly, Aces 
  • Featured