World's Largest Herpes Support Group
blackwatch

Try Purell.

Mmmboston

Not good - I used it recently and had a good experience with it. Slight burn on application but not that bad. I am considering using it as a suppressive as others have suggested. The other option for that is hydrogen peroxide sprayed on post shower which I think would also keep OB's in check. Third and last option would be zinc sulfate or Kirkman's cream. Just a little nervous using that because H seems to lurk just below skin surface and while zinc sulfate is a proven H killer; seems like it can draw it out of hiding and i just got over OB; first I've had in 4 months and don't really want to bring on another. 

Jheinz

So I just found out 7 days ago that I've been infected with hsv 1.   I have a few different spots, one spot on the outside of my girl area, a spot on the inside of my cheek and a spot on my tongue arg. I'm a 37 year old female and I contracted it from my husband of 8 years.   He didn't know he had it, he showed no sign of the virus.  We think it was passed to him from his mother as a child, his twin sister also has hsv1 but she has cold sores all the time.   Let me tell you omg so itchy!!! I knew something was wrong just by the way it itched so I went to the doctor to get it looked at she did a Swab and sure enough herpes 1 on my genitals AWESOME.  So doctor gave me Valtrex and sent me on my way with an im sorry.   I have only had 3 partners,  2 of them I married so I'm going completely out of my mind right now trying to understand this HORSESHIT.  I've been a crying mess for the whole 7 days and my eyes hurt more then my blisters.   I also have been using the hand sanitizer on my spots on my girl area and the itchy was much better.  I found this post by accident in my research to see if hand sanitizer is a fix.  God I hope so. 

Relativity99
Posted (edited)

Can anyone who has had continued success with purell update? I've started applying 3x a day, purell with aloe, for 2 months. It's still too early based on my normal OB frequency to draw conclusions, but in a couple more months I'll update my results with details.

Edited by Relativity99

Dianne12372

I know this is an old thread but wanted to add my experience. I find old threads useful to me.  I have tried the purell (actually a generic store brand) when I start to exhibit signs of an impending outbreak. I'm 47 and my right labia tends to burn/feel dry, swell up slightly and I can feel a hard bump under the skin. I swab purell on a few times a day until the sensation passes.  It usually seems to improve within 12 hours.  The past three times, I seem to have avoided an outbreak with this method.  FWIW, my first outbreak was in August 2018 so I am  fairly new to this.  

I also take Quantum Lysine once daily on an empty stomach.  My second outbreak (late November) seemed to happen after I got lazy about taking the lysine. I am not on any prescriptions at this time.  I have had no more outbreaks since the daily Lysine and the Purell.  

Just my experience!