World's Largest Herpes Support Group
blackwatch

Try Purell.

Dolce

I know this is a stupid question but i dont know why I cant figure it out...lol

What is purell? it sounds so familiar...lol

Caliope

it's a hand sanitizer you can purchase at most drug stores. it comes in a convenient purse sized container so you can take it with you when you are on the go.

so if you find you're out and you can't get to a supply of fresh soap and water you can sqeeze some into your palm and rub it into your hands to kill germs/bacteria/viruses.

KevZee

WOW. Thanks for this! It worked for my recent tiny blister on my dick!

blackwatch

Purell Update

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to bring you up to date on my little experiment so far. As you may know I have stopped using Purell a little over a month ago.

Yesterday I got an OB. It seems it is over a larger area than usual but who knows why with this lousy disease. In anycase I am going to refrain from using Purell. I will be using Valtrex to calm the OB. So I went from getting recurrent OB's at 4 month intervals to now a 5-6 week interval.

I will keep you posted as to the next OB. Later, I will start applying Purell again. Only then will I be able to state with any degree of confidence if this thing really works in preventing an OB.

I would like to say that I am not sure it stops an OB once it starts, but I do think it might help with the recovery.

Please, if you have tried Purell please update us on your results so far, good or bad.

SoFreaked

I'm game

Ok here goes,

I am at the end of the third week of my first full blown ob, I still dont know where I got it or for how long I have had it. I still have scabbing and redness and irritation on the shaft but I decided yesterday to go ahead and give this a shot.

I am taking 500mg of Valtrex three times a day (Started this four days ago) and 3000mg of Lysene also (Started this a week ago). I applied the Purell last night after I got home from work and I am very pleased to say that as of early this morning the red puffy inflamed areas I had around the sores has essentially dissapeared. The area around the scabs is a little dry and the scabs themselves are dry also, the skin is a little flaky but the point is that the irritation is gone.

I will continue to use this stuff three times a day and see what happens, Hell I will at least try anything once to deal with this nasty little problem. Even if only for my mental health.

I will keep everyone posted.

Kaylynn128

Purell

Purell REALLY REALLY works, I have had ob after ob all over my lips, nose and the whole area in between. And since starting this therapy the minute I feel the tingle, I grab my bottle and dab the whole area with purell on a Q-tip. I have been doing this for about a month and so far after about a day all signs of the ob are gone and they never turn into blisters. I hope this helps someone else because I read about this miracle here and would like to encourage all to try this. I keep bottles of it everywhere ie: my purse, my office, my car, my bathroom you just cannot have enough of it, I think you have to catch it right when it starts!!!!!1

I have to worn you though, I used to get them in my nose and you need to be very careful about putting purell in your nasal cavaty. I came down with a sinus infection that literally put me in the hospital and I don't know for sure it this might have contributed. Just to early to tell.

SoFreaked

Update

Well.............

I am three days into trying the Purell, three and four times a day. I thought I was doing pretty good, the scabs fell off and left little raw patches in their place on Sunday. I woke up this morning and lo and behold there are two new red bumps in the same area, I am going to dose the area like I have been and hope for the best.

I swear to God this crap is driving me crazy, they dont hurt but as soon as I thought it was going to clear up here are more. I mean how long will this ob last?

annyi

Definitely check on what you are eating everyday... Check Arginine vs Lysine level. And take high dose of lysine. Please check on posts on that subject. I used to have continuous obs for about a year before I found out I was keep feeding the virus by eating all the wrong foods. By personal experience Purell works good in reducing the symptom. Blistex too. Since this is the first time for you, may just because you have accumulated a lot in cells. Let them out is better than keeping them under the skin.

basa9952

I think Purell definitely fights Herpes OB's.

If your immune system gets too low or if you consume too much arginine, you will probably get an ob but I really think it is a strong defense. I apply it 4-5 times every day and have noticed a massive drop in ob for the last 5 months.

blackwatch

Purell Update

Ok everyone, here is a new update. I noticed a little bit of redness last night and sure enough this morning the tell tale signs of a small blister was evident. So that is it, another outbreak after 4 weeks. The recurrences are speeding up.

As you may know I have been off of Purell for a little over 2 months. In that time I have had two outbreaks; the first 5-6 weeks in, and the second today after 4 weeks. Remember, I started using Purell in May of 2005. I was OB free for 11 months and then began having an outbreak every 4 months. I decided to stop applying Purell just to see if it was a coincidence.

Now I am not sure what to do, either I will continue to go Purell free and wait for one more occurrence, or I will start using Purell again and wait to see when my next OB will be.

I will keep you all posted but I am really starting to believe that Purell definitely helps.

Shayna

Hi Blackwatch,

Has anything else changed much in your world to bring on more OB's? Stress, diet, exercise, The usual suspects?

I read back from your first thread here...it's very interesting.

blackwatch

Hi Shayna, I can't say if anything is different in my life. I mean I always, like most everyone else, experience varying amount of stress. I can't say I have been overly stressed out. Nonetheless I am thinking of not using Purell till the next OB. So in a nutshell I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that might have caused this OB

One thing I have to say, is that each time I recover from an OB, I pray that it will be the last time. I really hate this disease, and now that I am apparently single again I am really scared to even try and meet someone again.

annyi

Blackwatch, doesn't matter if you are current single or not, definitely go back to use purell. it worked very well for me and thank you for that. Using purell to avoid having OB is a success, no need to prove it otherwise!! Having OB even if it is for experiment is stressful and not worth it!

memyselfI

Purrell in my experience thus far has knocked symtoms for the most part on their ass ...or better yet off my ....

Thank you for all the info!! I'll prob break out the Purell tomorrow as today i ate JUNK JUNK JUNK! Its hard to eat right when you use food as an emotional crutch. ...still learning the hard way i guess.

God Bless!!

fuller

That might not be the best thing for women though. If you kill bad bacteria you coudl be killign good bacteria also. You could probably get a yeast infection by doing this! Which could make your outbreak worse

WE GONE MAKE IT

I Just Stated Purell Yesterday Sund. July 29 And It Stopped Itching And Made Lesions Go Down. I Will Keep U All Updated. !

luca

You mentioned the aloe vera earlier and i wanted to post this up.

Aloe Vera Extract. . .

encourages new cell growth and strengthens your cells' outer layers so that the virus can't penetrate, duplicate itself, and spread.

Came from this site

http://www.micronutra.com/simplexin.html?utm_campaign=Simplexin&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=herpes%20forum&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Simplexin&ovcrn=sr2sx18go2439GX35pi2ai5+herpes+forum&ovtac=PPC&SR=sr2sx18go2439GX35pi2ai5

kurious

After reading this post and experiencing some outbreaks decided to give it a try.I didnt use purell because I didnt have any but I did use germ x.And to be honest with you it worked.It burned like hell when I put it on at first but after about 1 minute it stopped burning and relieved the pain totally.I slept so much better that night.I'm kind of experimenting on myself right now because the Acyclovir isnt doing jack for me:mad:.I'm getting better relief out of otc vitamins and herbs I buy at Wal-Mart.Since I started my vitamin and herb regimen again I have been outbreak free.:D

It's.no.biggie!

Ok, this thread is what got me registered on this site! :D I started with the purell this morning (1 day into an outbreak), and can't wait to see what happens. Kudos to Blackwatch for his dilligence and for not being afraid to try something new.

tohealth

You know, you all and the people who come to this forum looking for help deserve better than this. Somewhere on this site drinking urine was advised in some regard. It saddens me that the human mind could be called to cancel judgment out so completely as to be susceptible to taking the thread seriously. Really sad.

It's.no.biggie!
You know, you all and the people who come to this forum looking for help deserve better than this. Somewhere on this site drinking urine was advised in some regard. It saddens me that the human mind could be called to cancel judgment out so completely as to be susceptible to taking the thread seriously. Really sad.

I've used my judgement, thank you. I know it's not a cure, but I also know something about the effects of alcohol on viruses and skin cells. I suffer from fairly frequent outbreaks (and have for the past three years), and am willing to try something new. Thank you for your concern.

kurious

I agree that we do deserve better than this.I'm sorry to say but "clinically proven antivirals" were'nt helping.But this seem to help me better than the "clinically proven antivirals".I tried Acyclovir but that made me have OB and I wasnt having any before I started that crap.The only reason I started it is cause my man doesnt have HSV and it is supposed to reduce transmission/shedding.I tried this one night out of sheer desperation because I figured it couldnt have been any worse than what I was going through at the present time and for the 3 days prior and it worked too.I was able to sleep peacefully that night.:D

tohealth

Our bodies are ours to heal as best we decide. I respect that. It's always a correlation/causation argument---is it our immune system that's working or is it treatment X? Am I having this outbreak because treatment Y is not working or would the outbreak be even worse if I wasn't on treatment Y? Statistically, the science does answer this respectfully well. Science hasn't answered everything, but it answers this quite well. (Fortunately, the mechanism of the HSV antivirals isn't convoluted like, for example, that of numerous antidepressants.)

The numbers are telling: the number of views of this forum last stood at over 12,000. Huge. Because people want THE answer. And Purell (dressed up, diluted 62% ethyl alcohol), which, given this forum's history could have been mentioned as a hoax to begin with, is being represented as an answer. Far, far fewer than 12,453 people are going to experience the health "improvement" they may be lead to expect--because the causation (as argued much earlier in the thread) is (so my argument goes) just not there. That's the sad part to me. No one owes anyone (except themselves) an explanation for their choices.

It's.no.biggie!

Wow, so far I'm impressed. Let me note that I did wait a day into my outbreak to attempt any treatment (lol, I got really pissed off at acyclovir, then came running back after realizing 'damn, this itches!') So now I'm doubled up on acyclovir and using purell topically.

What I can say is that, although I'm prone to frequent outbreaks, they are generally mild and go away in about 3-4 days. However, this outbreak is practically gone, visably. I like what I'm seeing so far!

Oh, and ladies, it burns like hell :evil: