any religious folks?

Hi,

I'm sort of religious. My girlfriend was in the process of becoming more religious. She was diagnosed as positive while I had a negative test.

The religious thing puts a whole nother wrinkle into the matter. If anyone out there has the same feeling...

What kind of twist does it put in it. I am religous and I must admit, that being diagnosed brought me closer to God, but I could only imagine how she must feel, why me. she is going to need you more than ever right now at this time. Be a man of God for her.

not quite

not quite intense enough for me, im talking about the purity of the soul. I'm not trying to sell myself that herpes is not so bad at the moment. That can come later. I'm trying to lay out all the very essential spiritual problems. The pain of it all. That's how I heal, by cauterizing.

I am sorry new crisis, I don't quite understand where you are going with your question. I hope i did not add any confusion to your diliema. However I can say that from my experience it would be best if you could wait until your married and not have to worry about all of this. If you love the girl you and her should grow closer to God together. Its better together.

No, I appreciate your comments. But its very complicated for me...

I was planning on marrying my girlfriend, she is a special person.

But one of the real problems that I find impossible to ignore is honesty.

Before we slept together, she promised me that she had been tested for herpes only 2-3 years ago and she probably didnt have it because she had only slept with 2 guys since then.

After she got the positive test, she told me it must have been one of the guys from the past 2-3 years ago, small chances but one of the two must have gave it to her. So I made her get her test results from her old doctor and it turns out she hadn't been tested for over 6 years.

She lied to me. She slept with a whole bunch of men and was never tested. That's neglectful of her health and of anyone she sleeps with. That's neglectful of MY health. She pretended to me that she was a safe person but she wasn't. How am I supposed to ignore that? How can I build a life with someone who fudges the truth whenever she doesn't want to confront something scary?

Honesty is so important to me, its like an obsession. I don't see how I can get past this...

Maybe she thought that she had been tested for herpes when she went to the doctor. I thought that I was getting tested each year when I would go for my annual check up, but it turns out that they don't even test unless you ask for it. She may have been like the many other people who didn't know that there is a seperate test for herpes. I pray that you all will be able to work through this. Talk to her sincerly and let her know your concerns even if you have to talk to her doctor together. I really hope everything works out for you both.

[quote=new crisis;169626

... She lied to me. She slept with a whole bunch of men and was never tested. That's neglectful of her health and of anyone she sleeps with. That's neglectful of MY health. She pretended to me that she was a safe person but she wasn't. How am I supposed to ignore that? How can I build a life with someone who fudges the truth whenever she doesn't want to confront something scary? Honesty is so important to me, its like an obsession. I don't see how I can get past this...

I had a very hard time going to church after my diagnoses...NOT because of the virus itself, but how I got it. I lied, and I was neglectful.

In my religion, that is what the cross was for.....Christ took on my sins and ask me to except him as my Savior and I would be forgiven of ALL my sins, if I confessed. I confessed, so therefore I am forgiven.

I don’t know what your religion is....but I’m sure forgiveness is a part of it. If you love her surly you can forgive her and move on to a great future.

Good luck!