Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
artgirl87

The Office episode about herpes?

1 post in this topic

Did anyone see The Office episode all about herpes this week? When Michael first came out with that coldsore I thought oh no....here goes. For a comedy show doing a herpes episode though, I thought it wasn't half bad. It would have been nice if they would have talked about the stats and how common it is etc, but overall they could have done A LOT worse. What did you think?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• edcoop
      Hi all,  Any fellow hsv2 suffers experience constant prodome (tingling in penile region) and pain in (right) testicle also feels hot/warm there ?  Not sure if this is herp related or something else?  Any advice ? 
    • SureWhyNot
      I directly relate my sciatica to an impending OB as that is the only time I have a problem. If I am fighting the OB the sciatica will stick around until either the OB flares up or disappears. Makes sense as that is the area where the virus hides out. I have learned from my own experiences if my body is stressed because it is working on another issue the HSV will become the predominant problem. I used to believe HSV was the root of the problems. Now I understand it is the indicator that my chemistry is off balance or dealing with something else. Good reason to keep myself on track to keep my body in a position to fight back so I don't have to. HSV is my health barometer! It sounds like your body is dealing very well with the HSV under normal conditions. Nasty to get poison ivy with such similar symptoms to HSV you get a double whammy! I truly Hope that resolves quickly for you!
    • LucyLevi
      Hopefully if it comes out in one country it will get licenced for use in other places too? I think the main thing is that someone somewhere develops the capability as that's the starting place.  Can someone just clarify for me: Is this for use for HSV1 initially?  If so will that be both oral and genital? Thanks Lucy 
    • Gothic Beauty
      Yea, but... this is in Germany. How does that help us here in the USA?
    • CraigL82
      It's great to have this site to ask these personal question though! i hope it has rested your mind Hayitsmay, I have always been cautious about passing my friendly H on from a dirty towel. It makes me panic if a friend needs a shower and wants to borrow a towel, I start worrying in case I never washed then at a high enough temperature to kill the H virus. These posts have helped me on my understanding, thanks WilsonInAus
    • Paul1976
      I'm from the UK 
    • Lisajd
      Put it this way the way people contract genital herpes is thru sex or oral sex ie a person with a cold sore give you oral sex and infected you with genital herpes.  You can however contractor infections through contaminated toilet
    • edcoop
      hey all! I will b in BKK next week. Do any of you know - we need doctor's prescription to buy Acyclovir 400 or we can buy it over the counter ? Also, any pharmacy you can recommend.. I will b staying  in Sukhumvit area.  so anywhere nearby will be great. 
    • fixme1
      Hes developing a preventative vaccine too isnt he. That will effectively stop the spread. If that is achieved then it will be like many other vaccines we get to stop us getting.illness which is what will irradicate hsv 
    • Clunk
      I got type II. I took my doagnosis very badly! I tried to kill myself. I was already lacking in self confidence and self esteem.  I'm coming to peace with herpes. I hate knowing I'm a carrier and peoples ignorance (even arrogance) towards herpes is completely shit!! I am very thankful my body has suppressed the virus and I get very few outbreaks.... Thus far. Doesn't help with the rejections I've copped because of disclosing.  Why am I here? I dunno. I guess to try to help people newly diagnosed? I don't frequent here much these days. I find talking about it sometimes makes it worse as it just reminds me of it all. As already mentioned, do find out what type it is. Each type varies a little. Lastly, yes, be very careful who you disclose to. Some people are just shit and want to gossip! Sadly the stigma of herpes will never go away. I tell people I know of a guy that just got diagnosed and how he's not taking it well. I judge their responses. Most are sympathetic and some are just pure assholes about it! A few even replied they know people with it also. It is common but for me, I'll only date someone with it. I was on Positive Singles but IMO, the site just makes money off people's misfortunes. But alas, when I'm ready to date and comfortable in my own skin, I'll give the site another go.
  • Featured