World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
new

21/f/atl

new

just been diagnosed and wanting to hear about other people's stories concerning how they contracted the virus.

jack333

hey

hey man im 21 and just got diagnosed today. The only way that i could have gotten herpes is by the condom not getting close enough to my body. I have always had safe sex and th herpes are right at the base of my shaft so the doctor thinks that the girl must have had an outbreak on her lips and the condom wasnt all the way pushed to my body.... it blows:( and i feel like a nasty walking std:madd:

cml

Im 21 as well and i feel like this is the probably the worst age to have herpes. I am currently pretty depressed about it as I am not 100% sure how i got it.

mv77

Its not the end of the world as I've found it is more of an annoyance than anything else. It is more of a stigma with ignorant people. Believe me I thought I would be the LAST person to ever run into this and it doesn't discriminate. I find that getting plenty of rest, using purell, taking daily valtrex and lysine supplements has prevented the condition from being aggravated over the last 4 months I've known about it. I found out after having alot of sex with my gf as vigorous sex can trigger it to outbreak. Doc says it could have been latent for years. Thankfully it did not spread to her and I have been careful ever since. We did not allow this to end our relationship either.

ack11

I'm 22 and in ATL too, got this virus when I was 21 apparently and I was asymptomatic for a long time, it was at least months. I never found out 100% where it came from, my symptoms started at the start of December however I think I'm pretty sure I know what happened. I dated a guy here during the summer and when we had sex we always used protection, however for some reason he quit having sex with me and would brush the subject off or get really upset when I asked why and told me not to worry about it. We broke up from all the tension we had and I suspect that the last time we had sex he was having the start of an outbreak and the condom didn't do any good. He's also refused to show me his supposed test results for HSV2 now that I'm positive, so I think with it all put together I have my answer on where it came from. Didn't have symptoms for months and had a massive 1st OB in December and now here I am! Still trying to cope, some days are easier than others but it's slowly getting better.

boobooizluvd

I am 26/f/atl

I got herpes from my husband who I was with and faithful to for 10 years. He cheated on me and contracted it but had passed it along to me before he told me about it. Its been a huge struggle we are now divorcing but I am trying my best to make life great for myself and my two kids. Joined this site in hopes to get some great advice on how to start over and move on while living with what I have.