World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Kitty123

OK I need to get this straight....

Kitty123

I was diagnosed with HSV2 in July 2010.

My initial outbreak did not have sores. Just itching, UTI and yeast.

My question is this: Can an outbreak manifest itself WITHOUT SORES?

What constitutes an outbreak? Someone told me on here ,that you can have an outbreak and not even know it! I experience tingles, itches, nerve pains in my vag, and mild aches in my legs EVERY OTHER WEEK. It's VERY ANNOYING! And I'm on DAILY 500mg Valtrex! Do you mean to tell me, that I'm having an OB every other week? This does NOT seem normal to me.

The last major itch session was about 2 weeks ago. It manifested into a yeast infection. Now, I can see THAT perhaps being a mild outbreak, but STILL - no sores. But the minor twangs, and pangs, and nerve pains and aches in the legs, I thought that was PRODROMES...they can't POSSIBLY be outbreaks!!!

Can someone please shed some light? Thank you.

WarriorKing

Yes an outbreak can manifest itself without sores. Some people just have redness or bumps, and some people have symptoms so mild that they don't even know it, thus they never suspect that they have anything. The first year for most people is usually the worst with symptoms declining from there. But that is not a hard and fast rule. Your symptoms could decrease rapidly within weeks. It all depends on the person. Pumping up your immune system, and taking the meds, and maybe lysine is what you can do today.

Kitty123

Thank you Mr. Honest.

I get the odd itch, but I started getting the impression that every twinge, itch, pain, ache was an OB...and that happens to me at least once a week!!! And I can't see that being remotely possible with me taking 500mg of Valtrex. I have a healthy immune system I RARELY get sick probably once every 2 years with a typical cold.

I've had this since July 2010 via blood test...and I just want it to wind down. I guess I'm still having a hard time with it.

So I'm just trying to wrap my head around all of this.

AnaBella

You're not alone Kitty...I have those same feelings as well and I'm on 500mg Valtrex. I've since added vitamins and so far I've noticed a decrease in those symptoms. I was diagnosed in Nov. 09 with this through a blood test. Since then I've had a monthly outbreak the week before my menstrual cycle. I have horrible pms so my hormones reek havoc during that time. I will say that the more you stress over this the more you will feel symptoms. Try not to stress. You're not alone sweetie.

d00m kitty
Thank you Mr. Honest.

I get the odd itch, but I started getting the impression that every twinge, itch, pain, ache was an OB...and that happens to me at least once a week!!! And I can't see that being remotely possible with me taking 500mg of Valtrex. I have a healthy immune system I RARELY get sick probably once every 2 years with a typical cold.

I've had this since July 2010 via blood test...and I just want it to wind down. I guess I'm still having a hard time with it.

So I'm just trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Hi Kitty

We must have been diagnosed at roughly the same time with GHSV2. I've had my 2nd OB which went on & on just like the 1st OB did..............BUT the major difference was the fact it was no where near severe, quite mild really. It just it lasted as long as the 1st? I even doubled my Valtrex hoping to knock it on the head, but realised it wasn't making any difference, so went back to my 1 daily dose. I'm seriously thinking of quitting it altogether........but when I've been on it for 6 months.

I'm finding my trigger seems to be my period. I was doubling my dose pre-period, and didn't bother & bingo 2nd OB. To be perfectly honest with you, I've kinda reached the point where I'm just over it and really does anything at all help?? I just feel like living life as is & when & if the OBs come they just come. I've spent a fortune on meds, vits etc & well, I just don't know? I just feel completely utterly exhausted like all the time!!

And I just feel like the OBs will keep coming anyhow!! So, whatever, can't be bothered.................this is just the way it's going to be for a while. As long as I never have an OB as severe & nasty & debilitating as the 1st, yeah, I'll get by.

hugs

xx