World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Coping05

*Ladies* One OB Trigger is Sex?

Coping05

So, my OBs are around my cervix. I've heard that too much friction near a usual OB site can trigger an OB. I've had irritation after being examined with a speculum and masturbating with penetration has caused outbreaks in the past. However, it has only been 6 months since infection, so I probably have room for improvement. Does any other woman have a similar problem, but has managed to have a satisfying sex life? It would be nice to know whether or not it's possible.

Thanks! :)

SZN1023

Hi Coping -

I really am not an authority on this, having had my first outbreak at the beginning of December. I read that using lubricant can decrease the friction but since you have it on your cervix I'm just wondering if you could use something like the product Yes that you insert high up so that there is less friction internally? Don't know, could be completely off here, but might be worth a try. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Coping05

Thanks! I never heard of Yes lube before.

I hope you're doing ok. I know that first hearing that I got HSV was pretty traumatic for me. The important thing is for you to keep your head up, take care of yourself and you'll be fine. It's only a skin disease and the first outbreak is the worst one you're ever going to have. :)

SZN1023

Thanks, Coping, for the encouraging words. I am doing ok. I think I'm still kind of numb over it all, but I'm not depressed so I consider that a good sign. As far as Yes lube, it's great. You have to order it online though because it is made in UK. Unless you live there in which case I suppose you might be able to buy it off the shelf. Anyway, good stuff and like I said they have applicators for it so it might work for you in this instance.