World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
informme

hello

informme

im dating someone who has told me they have herpes. We havent slept together yet. i need more information ffirst.

informme

any one with information they think will be helpful please reply

AquariusAngel

Hello informme, I had replied earlier but then the website crashed so I guess it didn't post my reply. It would not have been easy for your guy to tell you I am sure. Many members here fear rejection but not because of the actual skin virus itself, but for the stigma that is created around it. He may be on some kind of supplements and he can also go on suppressive treatment if you two decide to embark on a relationship together. The suppressive medication further decreases the chances of transmit. Herpes is spread through skin to skin contact, so during an outbreak it is not advisable to engage in sexual activities. You can also read the tabs to the right of here to find out more info. He is no doubt afraid of losing you, now that he has disclosed his status. Talk together about it, it will bring you closer together, and we are also here anytime you need advice and support.

informme
Hello informme, I had replied earlier but then the website crashed so I guess it didn't post my reply. It would not have been easy for your guy to tell you I am sure. Many members here fear rejection but not because of the actual skin virus itself, but for the stigma that is created around it. He may be on some kind of supplements and he can also go on suppressive treatment if you two decide to embark on a relationship together. The suppressive medication further decreases the chances of transmit. Herpes is spread through skin to skin contact, so during an outbreak it is not advisable to engage in sexual activities. You can also read the tabs to the right of here to find out more info. He is no doubt afraid of losing you, now that he has disclosed his status. Talk together about it, it will bring you closer together, and we are also here anytime you need advice and support.

He is very nervous that i will leave him because of it. I have done some research and there are some treatments you can try one is an oxygen treatment. There has been a couple success stories where someone tested negative after 30 some treaments. And others it helped with the symptons and how many outbreaks they have. So i mention it to him and he is going to talk to his doctor about it. Can you have a happy relationship and stay protected from contracting it if you take all the precautions you should. I guess im looking for someone on here who is in or has been in a relationship for a long time and didnt pass it to their partener or didnt get it from them. Because he truely is a great guy. And i do commend him on telling me and not hiding it.

package deal

my advice is to run as fast as you can. There are ways you can protect yourself but they are not always effective 100 percent of the time, by using a rubber however it not fool proof I am living witness to that. oxygen treatment? Sounds blooney to me and i would not relay on that.

i commend him for telling you too however you do not now the future with this guy and no matter how good the relationship is now you do not know where it will lead. there are precautions but non of them are 100 percent effective.

The guy who gave it to me will we used rubbers 100 percent and guess what not only did it not work and i have herpies now but the relationship is gone too.

there are people who been in a relationship with someone who has hurpies and not contacted it from them in years but there is a risk

really you have to ask yourself this are you willing to live with herpies if the precautions dont work and the relationship petters out? You have to think rationally not emotionally about it

if you think it could work out maybe you could sudjest waiting on sex until you two really know where the relationship goes

MissHope

Informme, firstly well done you for researching the subject and getting more information. It's great to see people educating themselves. There are some great fact sheets there on the right under the life and love tab that may be good for you to read.

I have genital herpes and my partner does not. We have been sexually active together for 10 months, and I have not yet passed it on to our knowledge. I do not take meds - I did offer to and explained it all to him but he did not want me taking prescription meds for the rest of my life. We do not always use condoms but I do certainly abstain from any sexual activity whenever I feel anything strange going on down there.

I think the secret to our success is having very open and honest dialogue. Just like you, he did his research and found out about this virus. We also talk about it whenever it is necessary and that has bought us closer.

I do not agree with WithBaggage - you do not need to run if you truly care about this man. There are many other stories on here of folks in postive / negative relationships that have not passed it on. I'm also hoping RealsticGal will chime in here as she is in the same boat as you and can provide some very balanced and informative advice.....

But at the end of the day, the decision is yours - sex is a big part of any good relationship so you have to be comfortable.

Good luck - let us know what you decide and if you have any more questions.

Take care.