World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
misshoneybee

New member newly diagnosed

misshoneybee

Hello everyoe. I'm a 24 year old woman from the UK. I've been living with my partner for 3 years, but recently I made a stupid mistake and slept with someone else. Neither my one night stand nor I knew he had herpes until I got horrible looking sores a week later. I have to wait another week orso to get more teststo see if he shared anything else with me. God help him if he has given me anything else.

My partner is being great about it, can't ask for more support.

I just feel so crappy about it. I feel like I can't enjoy sex with my partner anymore as he doesn't want to catch it and advice on whe I'm likely to pass it on & when I'm not is unclear.

I was given aciclovir (5 tabs a day for 5 days) and some numbing cream. I'm taking various suppliments and vitamins to boost my immune system too. Is there anything more I can do?

cupcake123

hi there. sorry to here about your situation. the main thing to do babe is too keep yourself healthy, keep taking vitamins or multivitamins and excercise(yoga, running any kind). your partner will have to wear a condom when you shed your skin down below so he doesnt catch it. but thats about everything you can do. also in england you can by some numbing cream called lidocaine at the pharmacy so the next time you feel an out break coming on you can use that so your not in complete agony. hope that ive been some help. if you ever need to chat im always here. take care bye x

misshoneybee

Thaks cupcake. The blister type things didn't hurt really, I just felt like I had thrush or something. I'm lucky,some people are in agony with it, mine doesn't seem so bad. I had no problems urinating, just a little discomfort.

cupcake123

hey

thats good to hear. your alot like me then. when i had herpes the 1st episode i thourt it was thrush and i was using all the thrush creams and had never heard of herpes before it bourt me down alot in terms of confidence but over all i found an inner strength and my confidence is back but much better. on a good note im on my 3rd month and the only thing i have had was a burn thrush sensation tht lasted 2 days and no lumps and used lidocaine cream and was back to normal again. but welcome to the site and hope to speak soon x

misshoneybee

I have the doctor tomorrow to see about getting something I can take daily, as reccommended by people in the chatroom, to reduce the risk of passing this to my partner. I'm so glad I have his support.

I can live with the itching, blisters & discomfort when I pee, I just don't want to pass it on. I know I can't prevent it entirely, but there's a lot I can do to minimise it. I intend to do what I can.

The guy who gave it to me doesn't believe that it was him. Probably of the lucky ones who have minimal symptoms, or he knew and just didn't educate himself. That said, ff I hadn't come down with the most horrid flu I've ever had and had an unusual feeling down there I might have been ableto believe I'd had it all along.

I'd been for STD checks often (especially when I was single) and was never offered a test for herpes. Why do the clinics not think this is important?