World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Legend

Going Raw Food

Legend

Please note, before I post there will be a few things that could gross you out. I don't mean to but I feel I need to say what I will so you can understand where I'm coming from. Second, I'm in NO way saying this is a cure...though I have read how it's cured Colan Cancer and has cured someone else of an incurable condition...but anyways.

My girlfriend has been told to pretty much go on a raw food diet. She has a reason why she has to due to a non-STD auto immune disease. She has also been told to stay away from grains and such...so pretty much she's been limited on her food. I decided to go on it with her, cause I felt it would be easier for her if I wasn't eating all the food she craves all the time while she couldn't eat any.

Anyways, my stress level a few months ago had been high...as in while an outbreak was starting to heal I had ANOTHER outbreak on top of that! Well, needless to say, thanks to this raw food diet, my stress level has lowered greatly. Now, here's the nasty part...I'm not a doctor or anything, but I do feel alot of stress comes from toxins. I could be wrong, but the reason I say this is because my body has been ridding itself of ALOT of toxins.

Beforehand I'd deficate once a day...once I got on this, we're talking 2-3 times DAILY. Again, I know this sounds gross, but listen to what I'm saying...that is ALOT of toxins and waste being emptied from my system. Folks, I don't just feel all kinds of good physically...I feel better, ALOT better, mentally. And as we all know, stress is a big factor in having outbreaks. Now, granted, I've only been doing this for about a month, and while I've yet to have an outbreak so far, I honestly can't say HOW effective this is.

I can say this, though...I decided to be more positive...to start having a better attitude. You've GOT to do that. You can't let everything get to you. Trust me, I used to let almost everything bother me...but staying more positive and eating the raw food diet...folks, so much stuff has happened to me personally and workwise that beforehand WOULD HAVE stressed me out...but now it easily just slides off my shoulders, as if it were nothing.

And listen to this people...I know everyday I have herpes, I do not deny that. But I've felt so good, so alive, just so much better in general...folks this diet has given me something NOTHING has given me since I've had herpes...I've had the feeling of NOT having herpes. I'm not saying I forget...but I just have this wonderful feeling inside and out my entire body...like I'm once again alive...like I'm NOT some walking plague or I'm NOT carrying some lifelong disease...I actually feel clean alot of times! Believe me, even though I haven't had this as long as alot of you, just FEELING like that truly does make a huge difference people, I kid you not.

Now let me say this...it's tough, it's very tough. You do need to talk to your doctor or whoever first about doing this. When you do it, you need to ease yourself in. The cravings WILL lessen over time. And yes, I understand cutting out the junk foods you love is tough...but people, you eat crap, you're going to feel like crap.

I'm not telling you that YOU can't have dairy, it's just my gf can't. We've substituted with soymilk and whatever else that's non-dairy. Also, it will be more expensive since health food tends to run higher prices, but believe me, it's worth it.

You need to eat lots of fiber as well. Also, CUT OUT THE MEAT! The only meat we eat from time to time, is fish. Beef, chicken and all...we cut it out. Too much crap they inject in there. And don't forget to exercise! We walk alot...heck we tend to walk to nearby grocery stores and buy food there (and price check too! We've saved lots of money!). Don't forget to shop around doing this as well...we've found lots of health food at Krogers alone that other places don't even carry.

I'm not an expert or anything, I can only tell you by what I've experienced within JUST ONE MONTH! I'm nearing 29 and I feel better physically than I did in most of my teenage years!

If you have any questions about this or what my gf and I are doing food wise, I'll be more than happy to talk to you about it. You may need to change yours to cater to any specific needs just in case, but again, talk to a doctor first.

Who knows...I know it's not a cure...but if doing this has cured cancer and even completely reversed an otherwise incurable condition for someone else...why can't it help us? If anything it'll make you feel better...it'll definately help your body on the inside as well (immune system, blood flow, reducing bad stuff...you know)...plus, as it has in my case, lower your stress level. Add all these things up, and you could hopefully look at fewer outbreaks and whatever else.

I can't say you'll see the same results as me, not at all. But I refuse to go off raw foods now. I feel more than 10x better physically and mentally. I feel so much energy at times. My stress level has lowered so much (granted I still get moody at times, but hey, that's different from stress) that things that just a month or two ago would've stressed me out, don't. Oh, did I mention I started to get sick then within maybe 2 days I was 100% better?

Sorry for the long post. Anyways, look into it. I wanted to share this info with you all cause we all suffer from the same thing...herpes. And again, while it's NO cure, so far it has helped me. We should do everything we can to help each other and support one another. This is my way so far of trying to help each and every one of you out. I hope most if not all of you will try this. There are so many things in nature that are used for medicinal purposes and are far better than medicine for curing or at least helping out...and with all the fruits, veggies and what not...I may not be curing myself, but I'm doing my body, mind and soul alot of good...and I'm fighting my disease the best way I know how.

By the way, if you want I'll keep you posted on my progress with this diet and how it's working for me physically, mentally and against herpes.

lost99

Plz do keep us posted, I think you may be on to something. I have made diet changes on a smaller scale but in that same direction and I have noticed a difference.

Good luck and thank you.

camomile

A very moving post.

I always knew raw food would be excellent whilst apparently there are nutrients which need to be "cooked" to be absorbed once in the system.

The only practical issue I have with raw food is, you know supermarket vegetables don't tend to last and they're not that great to begin with, compared to, let's say, offerings at some farmers markets.

pink flamingo

Hi,

I'm vegan but have been considering a vegan raw food diet for a while now.

Thank you for your post.

Legend

Hey everyone!

First off, I'm losing internet tomorrow but will try to get online somehow.

Second, we don't actually eat everything raw...my gf cooks veggies though it IS better to eat it raw or steamed. We're looking into a steamer when we get the money.

I'll say this...lots of fiber. Get lots of beans. Try to eat as much raw veggies but if you must cook, again, we've read steamed is the best way as it apparently keeps alot more of the nutrients vs plain ol cooking.

Also, LOTS of water. If you get juice make sure it's NOT full of sugars and all. You really have to read labels on this. And just cause it says it's healthy, watch out. Some stuff still isn't good for you. Fried food, fast food, ANY kind of junky food...that's a MAJOR stay away. I know it sounds bad but if you do this, you'll eventually be nothing but healthy food.

We do lots of walking to Krogers and pick up veggies and fruits there. Usually have good deals. Be sure to pick up any discount cards for customers at every grocery store as well! You never know when a good deal is around the corner!

I can't remember if I posted but we went Morningstar and Boca for our meats. They're not really meat but man they're good.

We eat lots of nuts as well. Try to watch out for hydrogenized stuff. Also, try to watch sodium intake as well.

So, pretty much...veggies, fruits, nuts, if you drink milk, go for skim only. The others got lots of fat in them. Again, she can't have dairy so we try to look at Soy or Coconut. Delicious!

We don't do alot of noodles and rice...but IF you do, go for wheat. However, you might want to stay away from noodles. Check into it. Bread wise, I go for whole wheat or whole grains...but again, something else we try to stay away from (well, she can't have any, but if I eat them that's what I go for). No mayo...too much junk in it.

Just make some healthy changes, slowly and surely...and believe me, you'll not only see but def feel a positive change in yourself. Pay for it now, or pay for it later...that's what I say. I'd rather pay higher prices on healthy foods and feel better than ever, than to save money and eat crap. It's just not worth it.

I'll try to get online when I can. I really hope this helps out anyone who tries it. It really is worth it! Take care everyone!

Legend

Btw, there is something I meant to say. Don't forget to take vitamins. We still need to research more on it, but there will be some vitamins that we're not getting from our foods...therefore, we'll need to take some suppliments. If you decide to go raw food, remember first off to talk to your doctor. Also, try to figure which vitamins you'll need to take to make up for the lack there of.

SuperManFace

Eat only fish, chicken, and raw vegetables. No fruits at all. They aren't as good for you as you think. I don't even think you need to go as far as going raw. Fish chicken and veggies is perfect. You'll live 100 years with a diet like that. Since your going raw, you should also drink your own piss. It's very healthy for you.

SuperManFace

Stress isn't because of toxins lol. The toxins just require your body to use up more energy to keep your body clean. The stress is obviously from you having all those outbreaks you are talking about.

mirelle

raw foods

This post was a long time ago, but thought I'd give it a chance as I am researching raw foods and herpes. I was into raw foods before I contracted herpes 15 months ago, but the nuts and seeds in raw foods that one must practically eat to be on a raw food diet, put me off as I know that nuts are mostly arginine. So , what to do?

I would like to go back on raw foods again... any advice to this dilemma. I'm hoping I can just eat nuts and seeds and go back fully into raw foods.

Thanks for the feedback.

Please note, before I post there will be a few things that could gross you out. I don't mean to but I feel I need to say what I will so you can understand where I'm coming from. Second, I'm in NO way saying this is a cure...though I have read how it's cured Colan Cancer and has cured someone else of an incurable condition...but anyways.

My girlfriend has been told to pretty much go on a raw food diet. She has a reason why she has to due to a non-STD auto immune disease. She has also been told to stay away from grains and such...so pretty much she's been limited on her food. I decided to go on it with her, cause I felt it would be easier for her if I wasn't eating all the food she craves all the time while she couldn't eat any.

Anyways, my stress level a few months ago had been high...as in while an outbreak was starting to heal I had ANOTHER outbreak on top of that! Well, needless to say, thanks to this raw food diet, my stress level has lowered greatly. Now, here's the nasty part...I'm not a doctor or anything, but I do feel alot of stress comes from toxins. I could be wrong, but the reason I say this is because my body has been ridding itself of ALOT of toxins.

Beforehand I'd deficate once a day...once I got on this, we're talking 2-3 times DAILY. Again, I know this sounds gross, but listen to what I'm saying...that is ALOT of toxins and waste being emptied from my system. Folks, I don't just feel all kinds of good physically...I feel better, ALOT better, mentally. And as we all know, stress is a big factor in having outbreaks. Now, granted, I've only been doing this for about a month, and while I've yet to have an outbreak so far, I honestly can't say HOW effective this is.

I can say this, though...I decided to be more positive...to start having a better attitude. You've GOT to do that. You can't let everything get to you. Trust me, I used to let almost everything bother me...but staying more positive and eating the raw food diet...folks, so much stuff has happened to me personally and workwise that beforehand WOULD HAVE stressed me out...but now it easily just slides off my shoulders, as if it were nothing.

And listen to this people...I know everyday I have herpes, I do not deny that. But I've felt so good, so alive, just so much better in general...folks this diet has given me something NOTHING has given me since I've had herpes...I've had the feeling of NOT having herpes. I'm not saying I forget...but I just have this wonderful feeling inside and out my entire body...like I'm once again alive...like I'm NOT some walking plague or I'm NOT carrying some lifelong disease...I actually feel clean alot of times! Believe me, even though I haven't had this as long as alot of you, just FEELING like that truly does make a huge difference people, I kid you not.

Now let me say this...it's tough, it's very tough. You do need to talk to your doctor or whoever first about doing this. When you do it, you need to ease yourself in. The cravings WILL lessen over time. And yes, I understand cutting out the junk foods you love is tough...but people, you eat crap, you're going to feel like crap.

I'm not telling you that YOU can't have dairy, it's just my gf can't. We've substituted with soymilk and whatever else that's non-dairy. Also, it will be more expensive since health food tends to run higher prices, but believe me, it's worth it.

You need to eat lots of fiber as well. Also, CUT OUT THE MEAT! The only meat we eat from time to time, is fish. Beef, chicken and all...we cut it out. Too much crap they inject in there. And don't forget to exercise! We walk alot...heck we tend to walk to nearby grocery stores and buy food there (and price check too! We've saved lots of money!). Don't forget to shop around doing this as well...we've found lots of health food at Krogers alone that other places don't even carry.

I'm not an expert or anything, I can only tell you by what I've experienced within JUST ONE MONTH! I'm nearing 29 and I feel better physically than I did in most of my teenage years!

If you have any questions about this or what my gf and I are doing food wise, I'll be more than happy to talk to you about it. You may need to change yours to cater to any specific needs just in case, but again, talk to a doctor first.

Who knows...I know it's not a cure...but if doing this has cured cancer and even completely reversed an otherwise incurable condition for someone else...why can't it help us? If anything it'll make you feel better...it'll definately help your body on the inside as well (immune system, blood flow, reducing bad stuff...you know)...plus, as it has in my case, lower your stress level. Add all these things up, and you could hopefully look at fewer outbreaks and whatever else.

I can't say you'll see the same results as me, not at all. But I refuse to go off raw foods now. I feel more than 10x better physically and mentally. I feel so much energy at times. My stress level has lowered so much (granted I still get moody at times, but hey, that's different from stress) that things that just a month or two ago would've stressed me out, don't. Oh, did I mention I started to get sick then within maybe 2 days I was 100% better?

Sorry for the long post. Anyways, look into it. I wanted to share this info with you all cause we all suffer from the same thing...herpes. And again, while it's NO cure, so far it has helped me. We should do everything we can to help each other and support one another. This is my way so far of trying to help each and every one of you out. I hope most if not all of you will try this. There are so many things in nature that are used for medicinal purposes and are far better than medicine for curing or at least helping out...and with all the fruits, veggies and what not...I may not be curing myself, but I'm doing my body, mind and soul alot of good...and I'm fighting my disease the best way I know how.

By the way, if you want I'll keep you posted on my progress with this diet and how it's working for me physically, mentally and against herpes.

maryland

I have read a lot about going vegan or eating raw food and becoming immune to any disease, curing cancer, etc and that cannot be true at all, especially when Steve Jobs eat raw food for over 30 years and still had cancer. Twice.

But I do wish Legend would update this thread for maybe it worked against the herpes virus. I remember that when I first discovered I had herpes, I read so much about it that I quit eating anything made of wheat (it was really hard since I love pasta and bread), stopped eating sugar and anything that has those weird ingredients like hydrolized palm oil, emulsifier, natural flavor (???), etc and only had foods high in lysine like chicken, eat yogurt, had some aloe vera juice and took 1000mg of lysine daily, maybe more.

I still had the itching but no outbreaks.

I stopped eventually but that helped somehow.

My ex, the one who gave me herpes, never had another outbreak after the one that contaminated me. He drinks lots of water, quit eating anything with wheat, doesn't drink coffee, no sugar, yogurt ok and he took valtrex for 3 months 1000mg daily + lysine for 6 months.

fh12

I think stress is a huge contributing factor to cancer and many illnesses. Diet is one part of the puzzle. Eskimos had no incidences of cancer and their diet consisted of mostly raw fish and plants with none of our modern day stresses. Now, with modern diet and stresses, they are starting to get cancer. Also, viruses are starting to be blamed in many cancers. HPV causes six or seven different types of cancer. HPV with HSV greatly increases the risk of cervical cancer. EBV is being blamed in multiple cancers also.

I do believe a diet without processed foods is healthier and allows our immune systems to work more efficiently.

mirelle

going raw

Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback..

I still have a lot of itching without the outbreaks.. and only at night when I'm trying to sleep. I wish I could get to the bottom of this.

No pun intended.:D

I have read a lot about going vegan or eating raw food and becoming immune to any disease, curing cancer, etc and that cannot be true at all, especially when Steve Jobs eat raw food for over 30 years and still had cancer. Twice.

But I do wish Legend would update this thread for maybe it worked against the herpes virus. I remember that when I first discovered I had herpes, I read so much about it that I quit eating anything made of wheat (it was really hard since I love pasta and bread), stopped eating sugar and anything that has those weird ingredients like hydrolized palm oil, emulsifier, natural flavor (???), etc and only had foods high in lysine like chicken, eat yogurt, had some aloe vera juice and took 1000mg of lysine daily, maybe more.

I still had the itching but no outbreaks.

I stopped eventually but that helped somehow.

My ex, the one who gave me herpes, never had another outbreak after the one that contaminated me. He drinks lots of water, quit eating anything with wheat, doesn't drink coffee, no sugar, yogurt ok and he took valtrex for 3 months 1000mg daily + lysine for 6 months.

mirelle

Thanks for this too... It's kind of scary having our risk increased for cancer. I do say I have to agree with you. I think stress has a lot to do with it. My big question still remains.. what about nuts and seeds? That is so much a part of a raw food diet.

I think stress is a huge contributing factor to cancer and many illnesses. Diet is one part of the puzzle. Eskimos had no incidences of cancer and their diet consisted of mostly raw fish and plants with none of our modern day stresses. Now, with modern diet and stresses, they are starting to get cancer. Also, viruses are starting to be blamed in many cancers. HPV causes six or seven different types of cancer. HPV with HSV greatly increases the risk of cervical cancer. EBV is being blamed in multiple cancers also.

I do believe a diet without processed foods is healthier and allows our immune systems to work more efficiently.

fh12

Stress is proven to suppress the immune system. Nuts and seeds are high in arginine which feeds the virus but I am not a nutritionist so I am not sure about their role in a raw food diet. I love them and have given them up because of this darn virus.

mirelle

raw food

Thanks. I used to be more into Raw food before this virus. I immediately stopped after.

Now I would like to go back to raw food. My concern is about the nuts and seeds. So much of raw food incorporates nuts and seeds. Probably no-one has the real answer. I just have to try it and see.

Thanks for your feedback.

Stress is proven to suppress the immune system. Nuts and seeds are high in arginine which feeds the virus but I am not a nutritionist so I am not sure about their role in a raw food diet. I love them and have given them up because of this darn virus.