World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lilly5757

Possible Valtrex Side Effect?

Lilly5757

So I was finally feeling human again after starting to take Valtrex for Suppressive Therapy..... no usual horrendous monthly OB.....

INSTEAD a itchy burny hand rash on the tops of my hands? :confused: ARGH. I have HS2 and I take a 500 mg capsule every morning. I'm fairly sure that the rash is because of the Valtrex because the first couple days I took Valtrex during my first SEVERE OB I had a similar but less noticable rash in the same spot on the tops of my hands near my wrist. It went away quickly but now this one has been persitent for about 4 days. It is bearable but I work with the public so it's less than awesome to have a strange rash of little red bumps all over my hands? :(

I'm worried... does it sound like a serious reaction to anyone else? I'm new to the HS world and don't know what to think...

HELP HELP help pwease!

geraldk

You have to check with a physician that specializes in STD treatments. The rash might not be herpes related. The rash might be a mix of herpes blisters and a fungus. The herpes keeps returning because valtrex does not kill the fungus. You might have to take a higher dose of valtrex.

Lilly5757

Thank god it was just a rash from using too many harsh cleansers and santizers in my work place!! Phew

geraldk

I am glad to hear your rash was not herpes related.