World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
pink flamingo

ehm question

pink flamingo

Hi everyone,

well this is probably a ridiculous question, but I got diagnosed with hvs2 little over a month a go and so far have been asymptomatic ehm I think anyway. Well I guess like with everyone when they first find out, it has been hard, feeling stressed and crying all the time. Don't think I have had a good night sleep and apparently being stressed is the last thing you want to be.

Anyway so my question... early last week I developed a light stinging pain on my tongue but did not think to much off it, I only sometimes felt it when I ate or drank a hot beverage. Now I developed what looks like blisterlike red flat small peasized thingies for lack of a better word on the back of my tongue and on my temple, they are quit distinctive. Not alien bursting out of chest distinctive but hard to ignore they are there.

Now I will freely admit all this has left me feeling a bit paranoid and I do like spicy food. I know hsv2 is majority genital and oral lesions will be on the lip, rarely inside of the mouth, but apparently it is possible, maybe? They are really distinctive and it is uncomfortable to swallow. could it just be my love for spicy Indian food? I made an appointment with the doctor for tomorrow to get it confirmed but I don't really want to go as they have proved to be so clueless about it all.

So could it be a herpes outbreak? I can't believe I'm even asking this question, a month ago I would never even have considered that I would one day be wondering whether I was having an herpes outbreak on my tongue. Life is a constant journey I guess.

Thank you for your help.

WarriorKing

It is uncommon within the mouth. And we do have to let the doctors sometimes stumble through their diagnosis of things. They don't always get it right the first time.

Dogwatch

How were you diagnosed with HSV2? Was it a type-specific IgG blood test (very reliable), or just some nurse / doctor looking at it and saying "looks to me like herpes" (not very reliable).

Also bear in mind that it's possible you've had HSV for years and not known about it (some people don't experience symptoms for years, and many don't experience any at all).

It's also quite likely that these "thingies" you describe are nothing to do with herpes at all (their locations for one thing lead me to doubt it).