World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Doc Holiday

A lot of you scared to disclose people sure do bounce back from catching a STI, fast!

Doc Holiday

I see a lot of people who say they were diagnosed with genital herpes within less than 4 months ago and are so worried about disclosing when you are at the point of your infection where you are most contagious. In this case disclosing to your partner is the least of your worry's, so just get it over with and stop debating. I mean your transmission rate is much higher at this point of your herpes infection then it will ever be, not counting your outbreaks.

Tiny

Its the Kuber-Ross model for coping with grief:

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.

It may not be rational or right...but it does seems to be a common journey for people coming to terms with a life long, heavily stigmatised condition.

oblong

It may not be rational or right...but it does seems to be a common journey for people coming to terms with a life long, heavily stigmatised condition.

You're sooo right about this VTiny - that model fits perfectly - I'd never thought of it in those terms :)

HOPE IS ALL I HAVE

So right...Just how I'm feeling right now :(

heavies16

I have not told a sole about my situation and recently I have begun to struggle mentally with the whole thing. But it was great to find this website and listen to everyone talk about it. I really needed some sort of forum to somebody that I could just vent. From what I understand, hsv is one of the most common diseases in the world and I sometimes am so curious as to which of my other friends have it? Anybody else feel that way? I sometimes feel great about my situation and then sometimes I am down in the dumps.

Lorna

I totally understand how you feel. When I was first diagnosed I felt so ashamed and then angry that the doctors consider it common, yet in my yearly STD tests for the last 10 years not one thought to test my bloods for it....I only got tested because I got sores. So know I don't know who infected me and therefore don't know if I unwittingly infected anyone else. But what I do know is that I am not ashamed like I was a few months ago and I really wish that this was not something that had such a stigma, more knowledge and open discussion needs to happen - I really wish I could talk to my friends about this too and maybe some day I will be brave enough too do that. In the meantime we have this forum which makes us all feel less alone!

bostonkid713

I'm not even sure if i really have herpes right now, and I'm dreading the thought of even telling the past few people I have been with. This is the biggest fear I have at this point, besides immediate social repercussions.

B00Bear

Why don't most doctors test for HSV2 during routine STD screening? I just don't understand why this isn't included? SMH :-(

SoManyRules

I only got diagnosed yesterday, dont know what type it is yet, but staying positive... At first when I was in the waiting room, waiting for a swob test to varyfy the nurses suspicions, I wanted to cry... I was hoping it was any other STI other then herpes... But when they were so nice about it, and told me that 8/10 adults have it... so like 80% of people, I felt so much better!

I think I pretty much skipped to acceptance O.o unless im just lagging and none of it has sunk in yet... I havent told any of my friends though, because of the stigma attached...