World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
RLJ

Test results

RLJ

Hello, my test results just came back today. I am curently sepperated from my wife and will soon be getting devorced. The problem is I have been lonly sence july and my wife and I were alone and one thing lead to another. So sence I started having this out break I have been looking for every posable senario of how I may have contracted this virus before I come to the decision that i cought it from her. So hear is my story, I have been married for 6 years, she has been my only sexual partner for the last 8 years, I just had my first outbreak one week before chhristmas. What I need to know is how long the virus can remain dormant before the first break out? This is really bugging me. I sont want to blame her but I know she had an affair before she left me and im pretty sure she has had a few sence she left.

WarriorKing

It can remain dormant for years. But also if she has been with others and then you got back with her temporarily, she could have picked it up, and NOT know, and the others may NOT know as well. This little virus is often silent and sneaky.

RLJ

Thank you mrhonest, I did realize it can lay dormant for many years and I have learnd quite a bit about this virus in the last two weeks. The problem is that I have found reports saying that ther have been cases going as long as six months before the first outbreak, but nothing saying that it can lay dormant for many year before the first outbreak.

Also I had the nurse practitioner, who took the culture sample tell me, "that if she was the only person I have had sex with in the past 8 years and this was my first breakout, that she was defanatly the sorce of were I contracted it, and that it was not possible that I could have had it before hand. So as you can see its prety important that I find out how long it can lay dormant before the first outbreak.

WarriorKing

The "first" outbreak can be so minor that no one notices at all. Not even a little bit. People often break out shortly after being exposed to the virus. We really don't give it to each other. We are tiny pawns. The virus is the chess player. Thankfully for most people the effect of the virus on their lives is small.