World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoeDolo

Can someone help me make sence of my diagnoses please?

JoeJoeDolo

Hello everyone

i just recently turned 20 and was 19 when I was diagnosed with "H" at the beginning of August. It is now January and it still has not gone away. During August/September i had brown spots on my hands and feet, and i have this mysterious rash that keeps appearing on the inside of my leg that comes and goes. I keep reading online and the symptoms ive had make me think i have Syphilis. My doctor told me that it was very rare and its not possible id have it. When i left the office they told me if there were any problems with my bloodtest they would call me, so i have not seen the bloodtest because i figured i have "H" and i jus got too deal with it and if i didnt have it they would have called me. Do you think i should go back in and maybe get reevaluated? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

nunu

Yes, and call and ask for your results, it is your health, syphilis can take a while to show up in tests, also, the fact that you have herpes doesn't mean that the rash isn't something els, Syphilis is cureable, quit suffering and go back tot he Dr. or see a different Dr. please keep us informed and come join in the chat, we are a friendly group. we help eachother.

Dogwatch

"Brown spots on your hands and feet" doesn't sound much like herpes to me!!!

And the "mysterious rash" on the inside of your leg could be anything.

The worst thing you can do is self-diagnose on the Internet. That and making the kind of assumptions that you're making here. See a doctor again and ask to be given the results of any tests, whatever those results may be. That's the only way you'll get a reliable diagnosis.

JoeJoeDolo

Thank you both. I know i shouldnt self diagnose myself but some symptoms ive had just dont match with the the usually happening of the "H". I know neither of you are doctors but if i first brokeout in augest shouldnt it have gone away by now?

Dogwatch
I know neither of you are doctors but if i first brokeout in augest shouldnt it have gone away by now?

No, I'm not a doctor - just an interested (and I like to think reasonably well-informed) layman.

If you've had whatever it is constantly since August, then it's definitely not herpes. Even without meds, a herpes OB is self-limiting and will clear up in 2 to 3 weeks (usually much faster if you take meds).

As I said before, the brown spots you describe above sound very untypical for herpes. I've never heard of any herpes symptoms like that before, or in those locations.

The "mysterious rash" on your leg may be herpes. Or it may not be. There's really no way to tell unless you have a proper medical check-up. Constantly speculating over the Internet is pointless - get yourself off to see a doctor.