World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
soconfident

Success Story The Talk

soconfident

I finally had the "Talk" Last night and wanted to encourage everyone I can. First of all , it went very well. I met this woman about a month ago, we knew each other when we were teens, but surely not relevant. That was 30 years ago .We dated 3 times since then and last night I had the "TALK". First I'd like to say that the anxiety I faced prior too... Was all a waste of energy and sleepless nights. We know what can happen when we do that. I wish now I would have had it before in the past but always found excuses not to, Another waste of precious time. I feel that the way to have the Talk is the way they explain it here on this site. It is mostly effortless and simple. But have your facts together because they ask questions and you want to be confident and prepared to answer them. IT WORKED OUT GREAT.

And now moving forward with a meaningful relationship.

BOTTOM LINE ..... Don't be afraid ,especially the newbies , the youth here have many years ahead don't give up and don't be afraid ,if it don't work out ,move on and keep looking don't hull-up and isolate.... I'm proof that it can and will happen. And it finally did.. Thank you for your support that I received here. Its worth a lifetime... Im still going to hang around here. But for now I'm taking a ride on Cloud 9........ GOOD LUCK AND KEEP TRYING

She never batted an eye, Just a few questions and answers . What seemed so hard too do , was the easiest thing I could have ever imagined. The weight was gone...

cailin

congratulations soconfident, I'm delighted for you and just the happy ending i've been dieing to hear.

well done

all the best,

cailin

Pepper2006

Awesome. Theses are the stories I need to continue reading. Thanks for sharing your story... Makes me feel a little better about things.

LostnEmpty

First of all Congrats.....you just did what I am fearing to do....and have not dated in 1 1/2 years do to it. Can i ask exactly how you told her? Thanks!!

still alive 2009

Thanks so much man for this story,it is really amazing ,i hope that i can find a woman like her one day,coz no body wants to be single for ever!!

BIG congrats

startover

Congrats .... I too told my partner before we became intimate and he was brilliant too. He is alot older than me and probably not so aware of how common this condition is ... but he just takes it all in his stride, he is so much more concerned for me and how I cope than himself. Love him xo There are some fantastic partners out there.

PeacefulClarity

Congratulations!!!. Soconfident and Startover it's a huge relief and motivation to know that REAL LOVE and INTEREST has no limits in its RESILIENCE.

gotitsowhat

Good for you! I love success stories like this one. It is wonderful how sometimes these things work out.

And what you've posted proves something I have said here a few times: The time to tell is when you start worrying about it, knowing that telling is coming up on the agenda. Waiting beyond that is usually a waste of time and a waste of worry and fear. When you know you are going to have to tell someone about this stupid little virus....that is when to tell, not four weeks later after you've been having a quiet nervous breakdown about it.

So glad your courage was rewarded in the best possible way we all hope for. Bravo!

Blonde Moments

Thank you soconfident for this post! I'm going to have to give the talk soon and I've been stressing over it. I just don't know when I'm going to do it, even though I'm fairly certain he's going to be ok with it. He's been moving slow with me anyway, so it doesn't feel like he's only after me for sex and that's probably what will get me through the talk! But that doesn't mean I haven't worked out a 100 different scenarios in my head that only stress me out further. Needless to say, I've been taking a lot of antacids to get through the nights!

thiswillnotdfineme
Don't be afraid ,especially the newbies , the youth here have many years ahead don't give up and don't be afraid ,if it don't work out ,move on and keep looking don't hull-up and isolate.... I'm proof that it can and will happen. And it finally did..

GREAT POST!! I'm so proud of you... Congratulations on everything!!

I hope many others get strength and courage from reading yet another success story.

Real love is out there for everyone. And we're all deserving of it :)

unfortunatesoul

Thank you for this post. I am in my mid 20s new diagnosed with GHSV1 and feel like I will never find someone who will ever want to be in a sexual relationship with me. Hopefully I will be able to muster up the courage to start dating. Thank you again for the great story and I hope yall are doing well!

norcallove
Thank you for this post. I am in my mid 20s new diagnosed with GHSV1 and feel like I will never find someone who will ever want to be in a sexual relationship with me. Hopefully I will be able to muster up the courage to start dating. Thank you again for the great story and I hope yall are doing well!

I was 26 when I was diagnosed and had been with my BF for 4 months (GHSV2). I had to tell him, which was really hard (mostly because I was so anxious before I told him and thought he would leave me). He never batted an eye as well. He said nothing changed and he still wanted to be with me. He went and got tested and is negative. Nothing changed between us and everything is going great. I hope that gives you a little hope as well. :)

Soconfident - Great post!! That you for sharing! :)