World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sunshine4me

Help

sunshine4me

This is my very first post and I am in the beginning phase of feeling dirty, ashamed, disgusting, scared, lonely, marked, stressed, sleepless nights...need I go on. I am sure all of you have been here! My story.......recently separated.......unprotected sex........November 1st noticed discomfort, burning..few lesions...went to gyno....culture came back negative...elated....Thurs (12/30/10) flu like symptoms, muscle aches, fever, chills....Friday.....noticed lesions, very painful.. I know it is what it is, but need to call gyno again Monday. So embarrassed. 52 years old and dealing with this. Cried all night last night, eyes puffy today. Still feel sick, lower back ache, feeling crappy. Feel awful. I really really feel disgusting. I haven't read many posts, but the ones I did read really gave me some encouragement and let's me know I am NOT alone. I know I have to stop beating myself up for this and with the help of this website, I will get through this. Thanks for listening!

islandgal49

Sunshine4me, I know right know it will seem hard to believe, BUT it does get better. Once the initial shock wears off and you realize that you are not alone, your life will once again return to normal. Lots of great information here, come to the chat room where you will meet so many people. It is a wonderful support network that helped me so much and everyone is so helpful with answering ANY questions you may have. I have met some truly amazing people who I am proud to call my friends.

Hope to see you in the chatroom.

sunshine4me

I want to thank you for giving me the feeling of not be "ALONE", "ASHAMED", etc. I have been sick with flu like symptoms since last Thursday. Fever, chills, body aches, headaches, night chills, 2 ulcerations that burn like crazy when I pee. I should have gone to a walk in Clinic but didn't. Waited until Monday to see by gyno. Swab test done and I also had blood drawn for all STD's. CRAZY!!!!!! My doc put me on Zovirax, 1 b.i.d for 3 days and then I am not sure if I should stay on it every day or just when I feel an outbreak coming on. Heck, I just don't know! I feel like there is such a poison in my body........keeping me sick, down, etc. I just want it to leave my body.

Thanks for listening.

RealisticGal
I want to thank you for giving me the feeling of not be "ALONE", "ASHAMED", etc. I have been sick with flu like symptoms since last Thursday. Fever, chills, body aches, headaches, night chills, 2 ulcerations that burn like crazy when I pee. I should have gone to a walk in Clinic but didn't. Waited until Monday to see by gyno. Swab test done and I also had blood drawn for all STD's. CRAZY!!!!!! My doc put me on Zovirax, 1 b.i.d for 3 days and then I am not sure if I should stay on it every day or just when I feel an outbreak coming on. Heck, I just don't know! I feel like there is such a poison in my body........keeping me sick, down, etc. I just want it to leave my body.

Thanks for listening.

Hey, sunshine, I just want to let you know there is an over 40 thread here in the forums. You might find that of interest.

As for the dosing, it depends. If you have a lot of outbreaks for a while, the doc may put you on suppressive (daily) therapy. But if you get past this horrible primary outbreak and then (like most folks) don't have anything nearly that bad in the future, you could just do intermittent therapy (taking the meds only at first signs of an outbreak).

Have you tried any remedies for the painful urination? Epsom salt baths, peeing in a tub of water or in the shower, or pouring water over your vulva while on the toilet, numbing creams (lidocaine or the like), drink lots of water to dilute your urine...these are all suggestions.

RON123

I feal so bad for you folks with the out breaks and the pain you put up with..it makes me think that maybe i dont even have herpes because i have never gone through the pain you people have.i have had just the one out break on my penis 3 yrs ago had the swab test and was told i have type 2 its been harder on my mind more than any thing else..just makes me wonder ..tcfn sunshine4me and all...

sunshine4me

How do I get to the over 40 thread? Thank you so much for the advice and remedies! Beginning to feel somewhat better. At least I am back to work. I do have a sore on the side of my tongue. Is it common to get sores in your mouth at the same time. I never had a canker sore in my life!

sunshine4me

I think I replied to the wrong reply, oops! Thank you for your support and advice. I am feeling better each day (finally). How do I get to the over 40 Threads? Also, is it common to get a sore in the mouth at the same time! Learning so much, never thought I would learn this much about Herpes! Thank you for your support.

RealisticGal
How do I get to the over 40 thread? Thank you so much for the advice and remedies! Beginning to feel somewhat better. At least I am back to work. I do have a sore on the side of my tongue. Is it common to get sores in your mouth at the same time. I never had a canker sore in my life!

Glad you are starting to get a handle on herpes and feeling better!

If you go to the Main Forum Page, there you will see a listing of all the thread categories. Scroll down a bit and you should see one called Connect With People Your Age.

The only reason you would have herpes sores in your mouth is if you have also happened to get an infection of the virus there. That would be a separate infection, not the same one causing genital sores. But you might easily have contracted infections in both places, at the same time, from the same person.

If he had oral herpes and you kissed him, that could happen. Or if he had genital herpes and you gave him oral sex as well as having penetrative vaginal sex, that could happen.

But just know that canker sores and cold sores are two different things. Canker sores (apthous ulcers) are not caused by HSV, but cold sores are.

Hope you can figure it out. I've heard that cold sores don't typically occur on the tongue, but they can.

sunshine4me

HELP!!!!!!!!! NOW I REALLY REALLY BELIEVE THAT I have shingles!!!!!!! WHAT MORE! I RECENTLY NOTICED MY RIGHT SIDE AND UPPER THIGH HAVE BEEN BOTHERING ME QUITE A BIT. NOW I JUST LOOKED IN THE MIRROR AND I HAVE A DEFINITE KINDA RASH LOOKING STREAK DOWN MY BACK AND ALONG MY THIGH!!!!!!!!GREAT, MORE WORK TO MISS; SINCE I AM IN THE MEDICAL FIELD I CANNOT EXPOSE ANY OF MY PATIENTS TO THIS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS. DO YOU FEEL THIS IS SHINGLES? WHAT ARE MY CHANCES! PLEASE RESPOND QUICK. THANK YOU!

NOT MUCH SUNSHINE HERE RIGHT NOW!

HC-Support-Team

I have moved these posts to a new thread, as they were hijacking the original poster's conversation.

Hope this helps ;-)

Shenda