World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lizardwanderer

Foggy headed-ness with outbreaks....

lizardwanderer

Hi!

Anyone ever experienced foggy headedness or mild mental confusion with an outbreak?

I always have a general "under the weather" feeling right before an outbreak, and have noticed before that I get kind of "air headed", but this last time it was very noticeable.

I would drive past turns I was supposed to make, I was agitated, depressed, forgetful, had trouble articulating thoughts into words, got a spoon when I already had one, would go into the kitchen to get something and got something else instead...stuff like that.

maybe that's just part of fatigue or malaise which is common with me, but just curious to know if anyone else gets this?

WarriorKing

I think that is just your mind being preoccupied. I drive past turns regularly when just thinking about work and plans, and do stuff like you mentioned.

package deal

your symptoms are not part of herpies. I dont want to scare you at all but i am a cna not a doc mind you but i seen what you describe in patients all the time. How old are you? Have you had anypone in your family that ever had alhimers or demincia?

i would sudjest you get hold of your family doc right away and describe what you did in your post. It probably just forgetfulness but i think you should see a doc

lizardwanderer

Well, I'm 46 and yes we do have members of my family that have had alzheimer's and/or dementia of some type.

I am a bit scatter brained and forgetful normally, because I am always going 3 or 4 different directions! But this is a different type of it and seems to only occur with the onset of an outbreak and not every time, but frequently.

I seem to exhibit every weird symptom known to be associated with this disease! Maybe the mental stuff is a part of general fatigue and malaise....Hope so!

I'll keep my eye on it, but it's always reassuring when someone else pops up and says, "I get that too!" Then I don't worry as much!

package deal

ok look at your meds and talk to your doc. some meds can cause a person to have what you describe as a side effect .