World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
janay

go legal or let it go

janay

I have a question and would like some opinions. I was recently diagnosed with herpes given from my ex. I was told that his ex has been diagnosed as well, and there is a possiblity he knew he had when we engaged in sex. They are back together and neither one will tell me when she tested positive. But, I believe he knew he could passed to me.. I know I decided to have sex with him but he was dishonest the entire time. He cried with me when I got the news.

MissHope

Mmmm, tough one....

For me, personally I'd let it go. I know it's hard but going through months of legal wrangling and slanging and having my sexual history and past dredged up would be far worse. But that's just me...... when diagnosed I decided to suck it up and move forward. But then I wasn't betrayed by a spouse so I can imagine that would bring it's own set of questions.

There is a whole subsection devoted to this very same question - you may care to have a read through there to get some further advice. Here is the link --> http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/forumdisplay.php?54-Herpes-Justice-and-the-Law

Hope that helps?

eternalpositive

when did you test for herpes before that? had you had a blood test before? because how would you prove it? it can stay dormant for YEARS.

You would have to testify about your sexual history. EVERYONE your parents, family, friends, PUBLIC RECORD, would also be able to read the case if it were to ever go to trial. why would you want people to be able to read that??

i think everyone needs to take responsibility, did you demand a blood test prior to having sex with him? we all have to take responsibility, in the end, you have cold sores on your privates which can be prevented if it's bad with medication. you won't die. your life is not even threatened. yeah sucks, but put it into PERSPECTIVE. it's chicken pox on your privates.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • raka
      So, it works as both preventative and cure? when can we expect phase 1 trail start?  
    • RNY18
      https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/x-vax-technology-raises-56-million-in-upsized-series-a-financing-to-advance-lead-herpes-vaccine-program-1028376554 Add ∆gD-2 (delta gD-2) to the list ! "We believe that ∆gD-2 may be more promising than other previous vaccine candidates because it elicits a different type of immune response against HSV-1 and HSV-2 that is more effective in preclinical models at clearing virus and preventing the establishment of latency. In nonclinical models, immunization with ∆gD-2 elicits antibodies that facilitate the killing of infected cells, rapidly clearing the virus and thereby inducing sterilizing immunity," added William Jacobs, PhD, co-Inventor and Professor of Microbiology & Immunology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine."...
    • RNY18
      More X-Vax Info : https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/x-vax-technology-raises-56-million-in-upsized-series-a-financing-to-advance-lead-herpes-vaccine-program-1028376554 "We believe that ∆gD-2 may be more promising than other previous vaccine candidates because it elicits a different type of immune response against HSV-1 and HSV-2 that is more effective in preclinical models at clearing virus and preventing the establishment of latency. In nonclinical models, immunization with ∆gD-2 elicits antibodies that facilitate the killing of infected cells, rapidly clearing the virus and thereby inducing sterilizing immunity," added William Jacobs, PhD, co-Inventor and Professor of Microbiology & Immunology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine..."
    • RNY18
      They may not cure HSV but it looks like they are taking positive steps against HIV : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/he alth-news/hiv-cure-soon-human-trials-underway-in-china/articleshow/70316379.cms   "Hopefully, the second-phase trial will be completed in the latter half of 2021, and the third-phase clinical trial may start at the end of that year, which will involve thousands of volunteers in a trial to test the effectiveness of the vaccine to protect people against HIV," the researcher added."...  
    • RNY18
      Got this this morning, definitely positive news. Still seems so far off....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.