World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bluesand101

Tingling and weird sensations down there... any one feel like this??? Please help!!

bluesand101

I was just confirmed to have GHSV2 last Wednesday. I had symptoms the week before, but had to wait to get my test results. I have started taking Valtrex and have four more days until I am done. Currently I do not have a visible outbreak, but for some reason I am getting weird sensations in my genital area. I guess I could call it "tingling", but it feels more like something is crawling under my skin down there. It's a little itchy at times, but I also shave, so now I can't remember if I felt these sensations before, or if they are due to the HSV. Does anyone have similar feelings down there? I am scared that once I stop the Valtrex I am going to get another outbreak... (because isn't tingling a sign the vrius is active??). Also, I am still involved with someone (he knows I have it), but I am not sure where the relationship is now going because I just told him. However, if we do stay together and decide to have sex, should I hold off until the tingling completely stops?? I've been feeling like this for about a week with no other symptoms and have been taking Valtrex for the same amount of time. Please any help would be greatly appreciated, I am completely new to this and trying to manage as best as I can (which is difficult seeing as I've only officially known for about a week). Thanks :)

dontknow1H

I'm a guy taking no meds so i feel itching and tingling all the time. I'm pretty sure that your right about all that you have said. All you can do is take all the precautions when having sex. Condoms, vitamins, and medication. Have you tried kelp? or lysine? Have you cahnged your diet?

bluesand101

Currently I am taking a combination lysine, vitamin C, zinc and astragulus pill and today I started to take olive leaf extract. However, I am vegan and am finding it hard to balance my diet and make sure I am not eating too much rich arginine foods. This is really hard for me, but I don't think I could consider adding any animal products back into my diet.. the diet part is definitely the most frustrating for me...

Tandy

I have had this almost 10 months now and I still get this daily. I also got it 6 months before my first outbreak and I didn't know what it was.

Kitty123

All I can say is that I've felt the same symptoms as you, but I've noticed its becoming less and less. Not as bad as I used to feel, so that means that it DOES get better.

Unfortunately I can only assume that since we have this we may from time to time get a 'warning' that something is lurking...I assume over time it will become less and less - but in the end we will all be ok.

Just TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH AND YOUR BODY. Treat it like a sanctuary.