World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
olive branch

32 yr old female /LA, CA

olive branch

Hi There,

I live just outside of LA. I've tried some of the H dating sites but never with any success. I would love to meet a Christian guy with H.

Daisy79

Hi Olive Branch,

I am also a female, 32 from Los Angeles. I was curious since I was recently diagnosed, what was your experience like on the H dating sites? Did you find it unsuccessful because of your religious standpoint and wanting to meet a Christian guy? Prior to being diagnosed, I actually met my ex through a non H dating site. Ironically, he's the one who ended up infecting me, but we dated for 2 years...I found even dating on a regular non h site was hard and took time....

teacherintraining

Hi Olive Branch,

I also have poked around on some of the herpes dating sites. I haven't been that impressed and haven't had success either. Have you thought of using a Christian dating site? I've bounced the idea of eharmony around...might be worth trying out one of these sites.

olive branch

Hi Daisy and Teach -

Yes, you hit the nail on the head. I think that I've had trouble finding a guy on the H sites because I really want to find a Christian guy and whenever you not negotiable about a particular quality in a mate you definitely slim down the pickings. I still met a couple nice guys but I never felt any spark with any of them even if a didn't consider the religion issue.

I think you just have know what you're looking for and go with your gut when you meet people from the internet.

I tried Eharmony a while ago. I found the whole method of communicating in steps pretty time consuming and not necessarily worthwhile. I'd rather just meet someone for coffee, decide if there's chemistry and go from there. I don't like sending a dozen witty emails only to decide upon meeting the guy that one of us just isn't feeling it. As for Christian sites, I like Christiancafe...

Best of luck to you both!