World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Runner278
      Just wanted to provide everyone an update.  I’ve been taking gabapentin for over two weeks now. It seems to be helping, specifically with pain (less severe) and less frequency. I wish I would have done this sooner. I got my Shingrix (first shot) Monday. I know there is a debate over whether or not this has some cross reactivity with HSV 1/2. I’m almost 50 and would need it anyway, so I decided to get it.    I had a red rash near my anus and decided to have it swabbed. While I was there I asked the dr to swab my penis to see if he could pick up any shedding. Both came back negative.    Did another IGG test at 18 weeks, which came back negative.    Next week I have my EMG scheduled and waiting for MRI.  Whatever is happening with my body seems to be nerve related. It is mostly the pudendal nerve and is affecting my butt, anus, penis and legs.  Hopefully I’m coming to the end of my journey. I’ve had a few moments without pain and it’s been awesome. Hopefully I can get my pain resolved and then work with my therapist on how I move forward. I appreciate all of the help, support and feedback. I’m a process guy, so going through this process is really necessary for me to move forward.  I’ll make sure I keep everyone informed as I know many threads like this get abandoned once people get answers. Hopefully this is helpful. 
    • Freefalling87
      What are the results?
    • inner sunlight
      no answers; ok  not even Wilson
    • Graph14
      There has been a study stating that 400mg of Siberian ginseng daily will help reduce outbreak frequency and severity. must be taken for 3 months than a break for 1 month.   https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7555486_Use_of_complementary_and_alternative_medicine_for_the_treatment_of_genital_herpes   https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-985/eleuthero    
    • JHenry
      Just curious, could you send some of what has been posted on Reddit?   Some good news would be welcomed.   Thank you, Henry. 
Sign in to follow this  
htcs

hello

htcs

Hello all, well it has been quite a week for me as I was just diagnosed but I am not in complete dispair. Thanks for contributing.