World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
elmerette

For you Realistic Gal!

elmerette

Gal,

I was reading in an earlier thread where you were being supportive of a mother, and trying to get her correct information and help for her situation. I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your knowledge and support. You are always upbeat, and I am very glad to know you. Please do not let a few people get you to stop posting. I personally like hearing from "the other side" of the coin. You are able to give a unique perspective to our situations, and also give us hope that there are people out there that will not turn away upon hearing the news...

So a heartfelt THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

elm

smilesandsunshine

I second that!!! Realistic Gal- thanks for being there to provide so much info and support. Very nicely said Elm!

RealisticGal
Gal,

I was reading in an earlier thread where you were being supportive of a mother, and trying to get her correct information and help for her situation. I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your knowledge and support. You are always upbeat, and I am very glad to know you. Please do not let a few people get you to stop posting. I personally like hearing from "the other side" of the coin. You are able to give a unique perspective to our situations, and also give us hope that there are people out there that will not turn away upon hearing the news...

So a heartfelt THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

elm

Thanks bunches for your kind words, Elm. It can be difficult when folks here try to discredit something I post due to the fact I don't have herpes. There are even those who have been mad enough at my failure to support their theories that they jumped up and down, screamed and shouted and questioned my "right" to be a member of this forum. I've even been attacked for my choice of font color. *sigh* :crazyeyes:

Don't you worry, though, Elm. I know in my heart that I have the ability to help folks here, and the desire to come around now and then to do so. So I will not rise to that bait. Being able to provide info to folks like beingstrong, who is fighting to get her young daughter back from CPS due to herpes, is enough to keep me here.

Besides that, I do have need of this information myself, and every right to take advantage of it. Posting info to help others is just gravy on my 'taters!

:luv2u:

RealisticGal

Thanks to you too, smilesandsunshine! :wavey:

mamaem

I've said it before, and will say it again: RealisticGal you rock and I know for sure you've helped bucketloads of people. If some Polly PissyPants complains she (or he) should read all the posts from RG. You are great.

RealisticGal
I've said it before, and will say it again: RealisticGal you rock and I know for sure you've helped bucketloads of people. If some Polly PissyPants complains she (or he) should read all the posts from RG. You are great.

"Polly PissPants..."

Thanks for the laugh. I'm not worried about it, mamaem. Really, I know that if I actually do something wrong, the mods will let me know about it. In the meantime, I'll just keep on keepin' on!

By the way, y'all are great too. I know that the thread Elm was talking about is one where mamaem has made a whole boatload of contributions to help beingstrong. Elm contributes bunches too. Lots and lots of folks here do, and I hope none of you ever let some other person with an attitude problem discourage that.

Canadian Daisy

Very true Real! It is somewhat discouraging when you really are being honest an open and try to help someone and they either dismiss it or it gets mucked up by someone else!

Thanks for being here and as I've said before, I love reading your posts! You always make me laugh, you're very informative and you tell it like it is! Right on Real..keeep truckin'!!! ;)

Sunshine77

Hi,

I totally agree!!!! Realistic girl your posts are always informative, fair and upbeat.....I love the purple font too:). The fact that you don't have herpes and are extremley supportive of your partner that does...shows that you can lead a normal life, find love and be happy regardless of this common skin condition. I think the fact that you take time to answer these posts and have lots of knowledge on herpes through being pro-active in finding out this info is commendable.

I'm not sure if I have herpes, but I have been on this site for nearly six months now and have learned so much about the virus including the unfair stigma often attached to this condition. I would like to consider myself as a non-judgmental person anyway, but I honestly had some really false or inaccurate knowledge of what herpes was based on probably what other people said.

I actually feel really strongly that the goverment/nhs needs to run some campaigns and change the way this skin condition is viewed. For crying out loud you don't even have to have sex to catch herpes (not that it matters) anyway.

I often read the posts here and think that aside from having herpes, it's helps to hear about individuals experience in all aspects of the virus,e.g. a partner of someone with herpes.

That's all for now

hugs,

sunshine xx

wonderfulone

you are a very awesome girl realistic girl.. i welcome your help anytime. <3 thank you so much for being there for all of us. your knowlege has helped me sooooo much

Almosthere

No doubt RealisticGal provides correct and precise info with valid and credible links and data. I was also enlightened by her and she cleared lot of my misconceptions including that HSV2 can spread from the entire "boxer short" area and not just the site of sores. Me being a hard case she really had to use a hammer to open my head and place that info in it...lol.. Thank you again for being on this site and your continued flow of accurate information is priceless. Great Job! You should start your own herpes website where people can chat with you and get info from you directly. hehe

The fonts do irritate a bit at first but once you realize that how good that info is you do understand that only big fonts will do justice to that info so more people will look at it and benefit. Everything is Great about u!

So when are we goin on a date? hehe I am also in LA and would like to meet you sometime. We can go shopping. All bills paid by me. Keep it Rockin! :wavey:

Denise 07

I have been a member here since November 2009 and you were one of the first people that helped me out Real. I really appreciate your advice and support on this forum. You have a right to be here since you are dating someone with herpes. It's not like you came here just to seem like a know it all. You are raising awareness and letting folks know that herpes doesn't intimidate you and you are still dating a man that has it. That has to count for something and you'd think that the rest of the singles on this site would appreciate that since alot of them are scared that they won't find someone to accept this virus. I also love your font color. You rock Real! Thanks for all your support :)

norcallove

I agree with all of these members. You've helped me so much since day one. You posted on my first post - the typical sad, confused, upset post that a lot of us have as first posts. You made me feel so much better. You have also provided me with a lot of wonderful knowledge. You were the one who educated me on IgM vs. IgG testing and helped me understand my test results (plus, then I knew what test to ask for!). I appreciate you being there for me when I really needed it. I love reading all of your other posts. I have learned so much. Plus, I really like the perspective that you give! I think it is great to have people on here who don't have it who are dating people who do - that gives people hope that there are people who will date someone with HSV. So, once again, thank you. You're awesome. :)

Oh yea, I love your font color as well!

RealisticGal

You guys really need to stop now. I'm starting to get embarrassed. I truly appreciate knowing that you guys get something from what I post here, and that you believe I have a right to do so.

But golly, we gotta stop. I'm blushing. :oops:

Especially because of what Almosthere said! :hithere:

elmerette

Sorry that your blushing, I started this because someone was dogging you, and I wanted to make sure you knew that you were appreciated!!! Seems like I'm not the only one who has learned from you!

RealisticGal
Sorry that your blushing, I started this because someone was dogging you, and I wanted to make sure you knew that you were appreciated!!! Seems like I'm not the only one who has learned from you!

I appreciate you doing it so much, Elm. I just don't want it to get out of hand. There are many, many wonderful folks here who also contribute and help the others here, not just me. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about that.

But believe me, the rah-rah session was much appreciated to offset that person you mentioned, as well as a few past big green meanies. We all need a pat on the back now and then, especially at times like that.

THANK YOU!!!! :flowers:

Sunshine2you

Realistic Gal was one of the first people who replied to my very first post on this site. I was heartbroken, and she made me feel better and put things into perspective. Hooray for her, her incredible knowledge, spunky personality, and purple font! :)

GntiNh

Hey where did you get that "emotion" I want one of those hun.

PS I like the font - it makes it easier for me to read lol

RealisticGal

PS I like the font - it makes it easier for me to read lol

That's why I use it --- for the sake of my old eyes!!!