World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
struggle83

HCC Bloom and Cullen Updates-January 2011

struggle83

All,

Below are short updates from Bloom and Cullen from their interviews with the HCC in January 2011. Enjoy.

President HCC

Bloom

It looks like ocular HSV-1 herpes is not recurring in the rabbits. This is great news. Final data will come in 2 weeks.

Applying to UF CTSA grant end of January for 100k funding to continue research.

Needs 250k more to finish toxicity experiments to get into clinical trials. At that point he will need a big pharma partner.

In addition to topical solution for ocular herpes, Bloom will be investigating various vectors to get the Ribosyme all the way to the Ganglia--an accomplishment that would be the winning ticket for ending herpes. These vector experiments will be complete by the summer.

Bloom believes time to cure herpes is now.

Cullen

Needs 200-250k for 2 years of preclinical microRNA experiments. Applying for grant from nih in February which would cover 100k of this (this will be a joint grant to work with Bloom on the microRNA experiments). Also getting 85k per year for 2 years from pharma.

Presenting in Feb in a day long meeting with new pharma partner. Meeting outcome unknown but could have a potential great outcome.

Cullen believes time to cure herpes is now.

smithconfused

Sounds great, but how about genital and oral herpes. I know ocular herpes is a major health issue, but I would like to know what are their plans for genital herpes as well. Thanks for the update. Appreciate it.

helpiamconfused2

They are going to the NIH with a funding request in February. Our petitions go straight to people involved in granting funding. Please sign if you haven't and if you have, please push on any site you think will drive signatures.

http://www.petition2congress.com/387...d-cure-herpes/

http://www.petition2congress.com/373...earch-funding/

http://health.change.org/petitions/v...search_funding

Cure Coming Soon
struggle83 are you the president of HCC?

LivingLife77, an old H-CS.com forum member is the HCC president.

smilesandsunshine

Thank you for updating us Struggle83!! This is fantastic news. We have to keep the faith up and of course supporting financially and signing petitions to back all of it up. Bravo to Dr. Bloom and Dr. Cullen for their progress and thank them for taking the time out to keep us updated. I totally agree that THE TIME TO CURE HERPES IS NOW!!!

Movingslowly

I'm so excited. I believe Dr. Bloom and Dr. Cullen will be the key to our futures. I hold their work close to heart and value their dedication in trying to make us free from H. I'm so excited. This is like getting a new chance at life. Love, love, love, love this news. I want to jump up and down celebrating this news.:victorydance:

sat6

Thanks very much Struggle83!! . This is really really great news . I will keep my donation to Dr.Bloom and Dr Cullen.

sonblind

I am so happy to see no reoccurance in ocular herpes. My son 9 years is blind in his right eye and we were just told he will need a corneal transplant in a few years but the herpes virus could come back in the eye...Oh how I hope this works

package deal

do more then hope. Take action. Iclick on the links and sign it. I did

Teacher Man

Great news! Keep spreading the word guys, and stay active and positive. I just got a small bonus at work....but guess what

I'm going to do with part of it! ...Yep, you guessed it. Every little bit helps, no matter how small the donation is.

"Everything we think, say, or do is a choice." - Lao Tzu

helpiamconfused2
Great news! Keep spreading the word guys, and stay active and positive. I just got a small bonus at work....but guess what

I'm going to do with part of it! ...Yep, you guessed it. Every little bit helps, no matter how small the donation is.

Thanks. I plan on doing the same as soon as I get paid on Monday. I agree, every little bit helps and I do believe someday we'll have something really good come from it. If the Aicuris drug is as good as we all hope it is, it will be a Godsend to us in a couple of years.

In the meantime, prayers, donations, and letter writing and petitions are things we can keep doing. We've got to get HSV at least in the same paragraph with some of the higher funded diseases, etc.

Again, thanks for your donations.

helpiamconfused2

UF Donation

TM, you inspired me. I sent over $75 to UF just a few minutes ago. Like you, I believe, small donations along with grants can and will make a difference.

Sabrina32

has bloom established that his method works? and i hope its not a topical cream either

cakes

Is there any updates yet they were supposed to update feb 5th ????

Dishpig

Anxiously awaiting a Bloom update ... also is there a direct link for where people can donate to Dr. Bloom's specific program & not the University in general :) ?

helpiamconfused2
Anxiously awaiting a Bloom update ... also is there a direct link for where people can donate to Dr. Bloom's specific program & not the University in general :) ?

Go to herpescureresearch.org and on there you will see instructions on how to donate directly to Bloom and either HSV1 or 2...

Thanks for donating! Also, sign our petitions if you have not already (if interested).

cakes

So bloom doesnt actually have the sure its just a treatment ... Cullen has the cure right???? So thats why im just going to be donating to cullen beacause we already have aicuris going to be coming out for hsv 2. I guess the people that have hsv 1 donate to bloom cause thats what hes working on even though he just started hsv 2 also . But i definanlty want a real cure to come out so cullen is my first priority .

Dishpig
So bloom doesnt actually have the sure its just a treatment ... Cullen has the cure right???? So thats why im just going to be donating to cullen beacause we already have aicuris going to be coming out for hsv 2. I guess the people that have hsv 1 donate to bloom cause thats what hes working on even though he just started hsv 2 also . But i definanlty want a real cure to come out so cullen is my first priority .

my understadning (or what passes for it, I don't understand the science behind it all lol) is that BOTH Dr. Cullen and Bloom are working on a cure. Cullen's initial idea was to fully activate the virus so it can then be wiped out. Dr. Bloom's work is based on the use of hammerhead ribozymes that target the virus and cleave it within the body rendering it unable to do any of it's dirty work ... meaining it will neither cause sypmtoms nor be spreadable =s a cure. Bloom seems to be further along, and many on this site, including me, are anxioulsy waiting on his latest animal testing results (rabbits / occular herpes hsv-1), which if good, will enable him to move beyond animal testing.

cakes

neither do i lol i cant understand the sience either. but i guess its somthing like a cure thats why they call it the cure.

Dishpig

yeah, both would be cures ... also Cellectis's "meganuclease" would fall into that category as well (sounds similar to Bloom's ribozymes). I guess there are questions that need to be answered for each method, but, these people are acutally working on a REAL cure, not pills from the 80's or whatever. I've got my fingers crossed and hopefully a cure will be around by 2015-2020 (or, GASP, sooner even). Waiting like the Count of Monte Cristo. Seems like Bloom is the best hope, but who knows, Cellectis has a similar method but is better funded (but further behind in the timeline) or maybe Cullen will get it fugured out with Bloom or by himself.

northwest

Anxiously awaiting updates on this...

I know its years away, but after everything I've read it feels like one or both of these horses will cross the line first

LTree

I've been making donations and signing petitions before I joined this site. I'm glad to see others who are active about finding the cure. I really hope to see something within the next 5 years but that's just wishful thinking. I agree that if money is the issue then every person infected could contribute and solve that issue. Even the celebrities who are suffering with it as well. I mean I know expensive treatments are working for them but wouldn't just want to eradicate the problem? If I won the lottery tomorrow I would definitely give millions to Duke and UF as well as to other diseases. It's amazing, I was all for donating for cancer and aids but I was really unaware of how prevalent and how much the herpes viruses impacted others' lives until I finally acquired it. Education is key and because of the lack there of more and more people are being infected every day. This situation is too large to ignore and I hope that science and technology can finally make a breakthrough that matters other than cool ipads and cars that start themselves.

premum2004

Any updates from Dr.bloom? for the month of February.