World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Ellekay1213

New to the Forum...

Ellekay1213

Hello... I just joined this site. I was diagnosised with HSV-2 a couple of months ago. After the intial shock and devestation, I reached out to my closet friends for the support I needed. Although they were able to be there for me as a friend, its not the support I needed. They suggested I try an online forum. So here I am... I'm just looking to talk to people that are in the same situation as me. I'm 24 years old, and I have my whole life in front of me yet, I feel like I may never love again. And thats totally devestating. I want to be able to "okay" with this and have a life to look forward to again. Its been a tough couple of months... But its time for a new attitude and outlook on life. :D

WarriorKing

Well I have carried this tiny virus for over 32 years, which I picked up when I was 20. Your worries about never loving again ... you can drop those worries. Not part of the equation. Telling potential partners about this little medical issue is the only thing that changes in your life. You will likely want to only tell people that you feel you can trust and are considering being intimate with, so dating style can change, depending on how you were dating before.

mikj

Hi, I'm new to. I don't even know if I have herpes yet but i suspect it could be it. I have a lump and all the other symptons. Problem is i have been with the same partner for 8 years. I've approached him and he insists that he hasn't been unfaithfull. I don't know.

How do you think you may have contracted it.

elmerette

Welcome to the forum! Dealing with this does get easier over time, educate yourself, knowledge really is power!

Ellekay1213

I think I contracted it from my exboyfriend. I was tested before dating him and was clean. But than being young and stupid, i thought birth control was the only thing important thing. So condoms weren't used. And we had a nasty breakup, and don't speak now. He's overseas. After we broke up i went to the doctor for a yeast infection but my STD check came back positive. I've only had one outbreak so far.

Ellekay1213

And thanks for the warm welcomes! I think i will find comfort here..

norcallove

Hi Elle. :wavey: Welcome to this site. There is a lot of great information to the right and tons of supportive members who understand what you're going through. I was diagnosed with GHSV2 two months ago. This site has helped me so much. I hope it helps you as well :)

mikj - this virus can lay dormant for years. There are people on here that have has their 1st OB after being married for numerous years (sometimes 20+) and it was not due to one of them being unfaithful. Most of the people that carry this virus are asymptomatic, so they can pass it along without even know it. So, don't automatically assume your partner was being unfaithful. I hope this helps! Take care :)