World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Bunnehkiss

Second OB, no meds.

Bunnehkiss

Has anyone found any home remedies that might make an outbreak go away a little quicker, or even something to find relief from it? Lack of health insurance can be a pain in the butt, and I make just over the limit to go to the free clinic otherwise that's where I'd be headed. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

elmerette

bunn,

check out the topics on the right!>>>>>>> they will advise you on home remedies. as for myself, I cleanse the sores with alcohol or purell with aloe...burns like hell, but seems to make it heal faster. epsom salts baths help as well, but they will dry out the skin not in ob mode, so get plenty of lotion for your other parts...I dont have health insurance,.

but can deal with paying for the otc stuff...hope this helps

elm

Bunnehkiss

Haha I didn't even notice those topics. Thank you so much for your advice - I really appreciate it.

elmerette

No worries, we are here to support each other! It will get better with time, and you WILL be ok! If you have any questions to ask, feel free! We are here for you!

elm

Phalaenopsis

After I urinate, I dab the affected area with one of those wet wipes. It helps to keep the area clean and free from any excess bacteria. It seems to reduce the severity and the time to heal.

Bunnehkiss

That sounds like a good idea, great except when it hurts to the touch. Which is where I'm at right now.....lame. I'll remember that though :D Thank you!

somethingelse

there's also something called fast results you can get at a cvs or rite aid.. i think it's $30.. I never used it as I have not had a second ob yet, but am prepared to try that when and if (fingers crossed) it happens. It's in the aisle with the preg test, condoms, etc.

Bunnehkiss

Hmmm that is definitely something I'll have to keep on hand if it works. I really appreciate the advice...and I'll keep you updated on whether or not it does for me. :)