World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SueP

So many questions....

SueP

Hi I've just been diagnosed with HSV-1. I contracted it thru oral sex with a partner who had no symptoms. I think he may have had a cold sore and then he performed oral sex on me and that's why I now have genital hsv-1. We still want to be together. My episode was mild and has cleared. If he only has oral hsv-1 can I now give him genital hsv-1?? I'm confused by it all.

Also, if he has no visible syptoms (whcih he doesn't) should he have a blood test done? I imagine he should.

If he does in fact have oral hsv-1 with no syptoms does that mean I can contract oral herpes by kissing him?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to figure out how to move on responsibly?

package deal

yes your bf should be tested. yes i do beleive you can get hsv1 by kissing him sense it in another area, ( i could be wrong but dont think so) you could not get hs1 1 in gentical area sense you already have it there.

Uneke

Sue,

The following article helped me a lot to understand it all, it's honestly the best article I've found. I believe I too contracted genital hsv1 from a boyfriend who gave me oral sex and didn't have a cold sore at the time, but gets them every once in a while. I was in my early twenties and didn't know that you could get genital HSV 1. I also have oral HSV 1 and I attributed that to my mother who always had cold sores when we were growing up, but I don't get cold sores, though every once in a while I will get "ulcers" inside my mouth, which I thought was from too much acid from oranges or tomatoes. Anyhow, my blood test has shown HSV-1 positive. Here is the article http://www.herpes.com/hsv1-2.html I think it will help!