World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
butterflybaby

New on here. Looking for friendly advice on all areas to help with this virus

butterflybaby

Hi there

Only just diagnoised and feel surprised and mad about the situation. Of all people I never thought it would happen to me. After some medication its all calming down so I think the first ob is a mild one, all the same, its horrid. x

JBnATL

Welcome to the 'club'. Read all you can about this and you will realize it no big deal. I have had it many months and it has never stopped me from doing anything or anyone I wanted.

Check out www.herpes.org.uk to see if there is a support group near you. The one here in Atlanta really helped me out when was first diagnosed.

Come to the Chat Room, there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

bfld

Hello butterfly baby,

I'm bfld. The initial infection can be alarming and a shock which can leave some reacting (although only internally) in an extreme emotional way. I thought my life was OVER! Wow, imagine that, something from the same family as chickenpox ending my wonderful life. As you have most likely heard, we are so much more than this virus (which every living being on the planet gets viruses). It's true! And to think that we are the one being that looks to monogamy as a possibility...seems unfair, but as life would have it, monagamy isn't always the best choice nor is going without affection/intimace/sex. God gave us these pleasurable bodies to enjoy living. So, no guilt, no shame. Just empathy, kindness, enlightenment and courage to accept yourself as you are. Not perfect! Wow, not so bad, huh? You are never alone and you never will be. H has affected this world in high numbers and is continuing to do so. It's can temporarily make you feel alone, damaged, lost, & limited, but we are our own worst enemies. Take good care of your health. This site has bucoos of info for living a healthy lifestyle. I've been reading it all. I have had HSV II for 14 years and I'm having an O.B. for the first time since my first O.B.

Anyhow, running on. Just wanted to attempt to relieve some of your fears, worries and sadness.

~bfld