World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lostandfound

17 and new to the site

lostandfound

I just came across this site a few days ago and decided to join. It looks like it would help me alot . I found out I had HSV2 days after turning 16 . I have not looked at my future the same since. I can deffinitley say the virus has made me mature alot. I can also say it deffinitley fkn SUCKS and i miss sex when i didnt have to worry about spreading it. >:l

I felt like i was alone as a teen who has the virus but after seeing the posts on the site I feel a bit better about myself knowing I am not the person going through this at such a young age.

:wavey:

Moment4Life

Well I know how you feel I got it before I turned 18 and it really slows you down and makes you think bout somethings... But just look at the bright side you have your family there to support you through all of this and you do mature alot more because you have alot to think bout when you go to lay down with someone else....

kenbb

Hey lostandfound. I'm 17 and was just diagnosed. Your future isn't going to be any worse, if anything, it'll be better. It took me a whole to realize that. You can still have a great relationship with someone who really cares about you. If anything, you'll be watching who you're sexually active with more and that will help protect you against other diseases. I've really come to appreciate when I'm healthy and don't have an OB, I eat better, exercise, and just feel better and don't take anything for granted. There are so many worse diseases out there, this one won't stop your life!

lostandfound

Yes I have looked on the bright side of this all and saw that it can motivate me more to take better care of myself. Actually , Since I have found out I have not touched a ciggerette and have been hitting the gym more often. & you are right there are many worse diseases out there that I should be glad I don't have.

thanks girl :)