World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
aldavis33

not sure

aldavis33

I have been married for 13 years and my wife just went to the doctor today because of a genital sore. They did nothing but look at it and told her she had Herpes. I have never had a break out of any sort. I do not believe she has ever cheated. I did within the last 3 years but was very careful. Could I have been a carrier and gave it to her with out showing signs myself?

WarriorKing

It is very common for people to carry this virus and pass it to others unknowingly, as they have not had symptoms. 1 in 5 women carry genital herpes and 1 in 10 men carry it. Over 70 percent of the population carries oral herpes.

aldavis33

They did not swab my partner, they just looked. Could it be misdiagnosed, or is it that obvious when it is Herpes?

WarriorKing

It can certainly be misdiagnosed with a visual. A culture at the time of the blister is usually the best. But then there are blood tests that are herpes type specific that can diagnose.

nobaddays

It is unfortunately more common than more people think. Good luck to you and your wife.

midwest gal

I was just diagnosed with genital herpes after 7 years with my husband - neither of us have had symptoms in the past. My doctor did a swab culture to confirm that it was HSV1. I've read that it is very easily misdiagnosed without a swab or blood test, but my doctor was very confident as well before the results came back.