World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bluesand101

Outbreak right after sex??? Please please help!

bluesand101

Okay so I just had a shower and checked myself down there and I have a few little cuts in the same place as my first outbreak. I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with GHSV2 and I had my initial outbreak at that time. I was and am still seeing a guy who has yet to be checked, but I showed antibodies for HSV on my blood test so I do not think I got it from him. He knows I have HSV and last night we had sex for the first time since I had been diagnosed. I am on acyclovir for suppressive therapy and take lysine, etc. but now I think I am getting another outbreak and am freaking out a little. We didn't wear a condom (his choice) and I have been feeling completely fine, but now less than 24hours later I have freaking cuts down there again! Are these just vaginal tears? Or has anyone else experienced such a quick recurrance from having sex?? I got my initial outbreak from having rough sex as well and I am wondering if it is a major trigger for me.. (which would be horrible). Now I am also sooo worried that I may have given him HSV (if he doesn't have it already) and am scared to tell him that I may now be having another outbreak. What should I do? Please please any help would be appreciated.. I am dealing with this by myself and don't know who to talk to... thanks.

Doc Holiday

Wait.....Wait.........Wait...........hold up, you were diagnosed and experienced your first outbreak 3 weeks ago and am now having unprotected sex already? It had to take at least a week for your first outbreak to go away under suppressive theraphy and I'm sure most of the scars from your healed lesions are still visible. Anyways you are most contagious and transmission is much higher within the first 2 years, not weeks, but years of being diagnosed. Just saying you better tell ole boy to get himself checked out.

I waited at least a month after being diagnosed before having protected sex again and that was with my partner whom also has HSV-2. I haven't and still haven't experienced an outbreak since my first. Sometimes stress and eating certain type of foods can trigger an outbreak. Being a man with this I can't really relate to much with your situation, but thought I'd give my 2 cent seeing as how we both have the same virus.

bluesand101
Wait.....Wait.........Wait...........hold up, you were diagnosed and experienced your first outbreak 3 weeks ago and am now having unprotected sex already? It had to take at least a week for your first outbreak to go away under suppressive theraphy and I'm sure most of the scars from your healed lesions are still visible. Anyways you are most contagious and transmission is much higher within the first 2 years, not weeks, but years of being diagnosed. Just saying you better tell ole boy to get himself checked out.

I waited at least a month after being diagnosed before having protected sex again and that was with my partner whom also has HSV-2. I haven't and still haven't experienced an outbreak since my first. Sometimes stress and eating certain type of foods can trigger an outbreak. Being a man with this I can't really relate to much with your situation, but thought I'd give my 2 cent seeing as how we both have the same virus.

Sorry I said that wrong, I was CONFIRMED to have GHSV2 3 weeks ago (as in I got my test results back). I had my first outbreak a month ago and was put on Valtrex immediately and that cleared it up in two days. I have had no symptoms for about 3 weeks. Any ways I feel terrible and will abstain from sex for a while now until I am absolutely sure this thing is under control. Just wondering, have you had another outbreak since? And are you on suppressive therapy??

MsLucy

It's not unusual at all for sex (particularly rough sex) to trigger an outbreak. Heat and friction tend to piss the little buggers off. Try using lube next time. It helps.

bluesand101
It's not unusual at all for sex (particularly rough sex) to trigger an outbreak. Heat and friction tend to piss the little buggers off. Try using lube next time. It helps.

Ughh, yes I definitely agree that this was a trigger, will use lube next time (which will be a while from now!). But for now.. I am seeing the guy again tonight and will need to tell him that I am having another outbreak due to sex... I don't want to freak him out, how do I go about this?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Shilo041509

Chill out. Get him tested. Use condoms. Take care of yourselves. Admit and accept that there's a risk.

Shilo041509

Also, familiarize yourself with how prodrome (pre-outbreak symptoms) present for you. Start abstaining from sex at that point (if you agree that that's a good idea) and continue abstaining until the sores are completely gone.

bluesand101

Yes I may be overreacting a little, so "chill out", well I guess you're right. I won't have sex with him again until he is tested so that we both know what we are dealing with. I do need to take care of myself a bit more too, so maybe the stress plus friction from sex brought on the outbreak... but it's hard to say. The sores look like paper cuts, not blisters and were not there before we had sex.. I did not have any other "signs" beforehand, but I guess I just have to get used to my body and keep checking myself out down there.. Any ways thanks for the advice.

Shilo041509

I noticed that, at least for me, the early stages of an outbreak felt like papercuts too. The first time, I thought it was tearing from rough sex, but it was the early part of an outbreak. So I think you'd probably be best off abstaining until those are completely gone. If you have antiviral meds, take them. If you don't, either get some or take lysine to help your body fight the outbreak. It'll be OK. He knows you're positive and has accepted the risk. So don't beat yourself up, though I know that's easier said than done.

bluesand101

Hi Shilo,

Thanks for the post. The weird thing is that I woke up this morning and the "cuts" were completely gone (from what I can visibly tell). I did up my dosage of Acyclovir and will continue the higher dosage for a few days just to be sure. I might consider taking a higher dosage of acyclovir on the regular just to see if that makes a difference. But for now on I think condoms are a must until I know how my body reacts to sex, etc. and I can tell what my prodomes are. I am currently taking lysine because I am a vegan and thus eat a lot of high arginine foods. I will try to not beat myself up too much from now on.. thanks again for the advice.

Indy Stylist

Hi bluesand101- I too get small "cuts" down there sometimes after sex. I've learned that it's sometimes just from the sex, normal little "tears". Because usually they go away the same day or next, they don't develop into an ob. So you may not even had been having an ob, especially now that they're gone. I know that with herpes, you get paranoid about every little itch, tingle, or anything that looks different down there, but it's not always an ob. Good luck :)