Bumps above penis

ozone

about a year and a half ago i noticed a either small blister, or medium sized pimple about 2 and a half inches above the base of my penis, i dismissed it at the time, and told myself to make a mental note if it reoccured, At this time i had been dating a girl that has now been diagnosed with type two herpes. Prior to discovering the "pimple" above my penis i had been aware that i had herpes type one, because i once got a coldsore (a very obvious one) on my lower lip. Now the "pimple on my grain doesn't like like its apart of any cluster, and it can be poped, and a small ammount of white, to clear fluid comes out, followed by blood if any more pressure is applied. About 6 months ago i noticed another pimple/blister around the same area but about two and a half inches to the right of the first one. Sence then the frequency of these blisters have gone up, it seems everytime one fades, another one popes up, even while the first one was healing, i've now had a total of about 4 of these occurances, maybe five and they all seem to be reoccuring more rapidly as time goes on.

Now theres a few things to consider, i did think this was herpes type 2 obviously because my girlfriend had been diagnosed, on a trip to the doctor about a 8 months ago i was tested, but not for herpes, i had shown the doctor one of the semi-healed bumps (they slowly fade and try away in 14-20 days, with a spot that can linger for much longer) i had her look and she said it didn't look like herpes, and my chances were low of having it.

On my second and most recent trip to the doctor ( a different one) i had him look at another one of the healing bumps and he said it didn't look like herpes either, but the bump had been healing for 2-3 weeks or more so he might not have diagnosed it properly. So i had him test me for herpes, and he said there was a chance that i would have type 2 from my girlfriend, but the mark left from the pimple/blister didn't look like it. The test came back negitive for herpes type 2 but postive for herpes type 1, which i knew i had already. And of which my girlfriend does not have, so we each have a differant type of herpes.

Now, because i've had a more servier, herpes looking infection on my lip, and only twice in my life, does it make sence that i would have small, single blister outbreaks that occure more rapidly, and that increase in frequency every time above my groin? Both doctors said it didn't look like herpes, and the small pimple/blisters seem to fade at a slower pace then herpes is supposed to and instead of decreasing in frequency they seem to be increasing, and in differant locations instead of centralizing in the same spot.

Also, i seem to have a few nervous habits which i'm trying to correct, much to my shame, but i think they might contribute, to the pimples, I have a tendancy to constantly have my hands down my pants, fiddling with hair, and a habit of pulling out pubic hair by force, quiet often, when i'm bored and its absentminded. Now is it more likely that the doctors were wrong about what it looked like, and that i have an infection of herpes type 1 in my groin? or is it more likely that because of oils from my hands, my nervous habit, and my natural inclination towards acne ( i have breakouts on my face and neck often, and oily skin) are causing these breakouts? do i really need so see a doctor for a third time, or am i just stressing out too much about it? I'd appricate responces, as my search on the internet for my cirumstances seem to be turning up very little. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ozone,

I'm in kind of the same boat. I've had cold sores, was blood-tested for GH and it came back HSV-1 positive (as assumed). Yet I get a zit from time to time in my genital region. I'm happy when they're big enough to pop out a semi-hard white ball o'bacteria (like a big nasty cyst-zit), and freak out when they're smaller because then I start thinking herpes!) And really the only way to be sure, is to get into a dr's office and have it cultured within a day or two of it forming, before it breaks and/or dries up and the virus wouldn't be present in the test.

And, we all know how hard it is to get an appt to see a dr, especially as a male who wants his 'area' looked at - NOW. I've found that my GP tends to brush off everything as just me worrying too much (doc, I think I'm having heart attacks - here just take this xanax for anxiety & chill out!) And I've called just about every urologist in my health plan, none of whom will see me within 3 weeks (thus making it tricky to get in there with a pubic pimple present!) The one uro. who DID see me took one look and said "not herpes" - didn't culture shit! The local STD clinic is not only convenient; they don't test for HSV or HPV with their standard testing battery, and the'yre only open to see people 2 hours a week during the uncomfortable walk-in hours.

So where does this leave you? The right thing to do would be to call your dr. the next time you feel a pimple coming on down there, and get her to culture it. Or, you could just try not worry about it like probably most guys do. Or freak out about it constantly, like I do every time I see anything other than smooth skin down there!

One thing I would suggest is that you just take a razor and hack off your pubes - constantly picking at them is really a nasty habit, as you've noted. Not to mention, if you DO have something down there, I'd think there's a (slim) chance that you're getting the virus on your hands and potentially passing it to other parts of your body, not to mention anyone else you touch/hand you shake! Cut it all off and grow a goatee or beard, which will provide you countless hours of hair-picking fun! [of course, if you shave you'll probably get about 100 bumps - talk about stressed-out!]