World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bubblyfungirl

What is this pain im getting all the time!!!! Please help :(:(:(:

bubblyfungirl

So...

Im currently waiting to attend a consultant next wk. 2 years ago i was diagnosed with HSV1 in the genitals, broke out in blisters, agony etc.

Since then ive never had blisters however i do suffer from pains down both legs, in my butt and sometimes genitals. Its not sharp, more dull and worse when im sitting down. This pain can last from 2 days to just over a week each time.

Ive been to my doctor who cant say whether it is or isnt part of the H so hence the referal to a consultant.

Im on no medication at all, however i am willing to try.

Ive had 2 sexual encounters since i was diagnosed, both of which were rough, quick and we used no lube. After each i had this pain, lasting longer when it was more rough etc, and less severe the more gentle we were.

My main problem is having sex, as im scared im going to get this every time i do anything! To be honest as i said im on no med, use no lube, and i dont have frequent sex so i reckon most of these together dont help! I think if i did try medication etc and got my body used to being sexually active again it may calm down.

Does anyone else suffer this aswell? And if so, what makes it better? Im based in the UK btw!

The pain is ALWAYS after sex, but i do get it when im stressed or due my period.

Thanks for any help/advice!!

Fairy dust

Hi there!

The dull pains you describe are quite common especially before an o/b - I get them as well and sometimes the gland in my groin swells and really aches. I reckon its worth you trying to get some meds - I've been on Acyclovir for 10 months and no ob's!!

I also found that sex like you describe was guaranteed to trigger an ob - its best to use some lube if poss - it might help but who knows with this cunning little virus!!