World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Fun no more

Fun no more

Fun no more

Hi, I was diagnosed with herpes about 7 months ago and i am just coming to terms with it. So far what i have concluded is that, my life is over. Before herpes I was a highly active and energized guy that couldn't fail, I was so happy go lucky. I was good at really good at sex and i gained momentum in my life because of it. I could be confident because of that. But now I have herpes so I can no longer be confident about relationships ever again. And that has affected me immensely! I am so depressed! I started on this website by reading some of your stories and i am truly sorry for some of you that it has affected much more than me and I feel kind of petty now, But the fact remains, I have no idea what I'm going to do now...

WarriorKing

You can still have lots and lots of sex. But don't base your self esteem off of it. Find someone to love and let it just be the icing on the cake. Nothing is over with.

AwesomenessUnfettered

most of us feel like we were completely different people before we contracted this disease...

i feel i was freer...the world wasnt so closed off, cold and judgemental...now i feel like i belong to some underground society of leper-type invalids. It sounds SO dramatic, but thats the affect this disease has on most of us...its so often SO much more of a mental and emotional battle. I always valued my choosy nature in the way i chose the guys that i slept with, and yet i STILL contracted it from only the SECOND guy id ever slept with...at 18yrs old no less. Im 24 now, and the mental/emotional battle still rages from time to time...but now at least i am more educated...not just on the scientific or physical properties/characteristics of this disease, but on the personal emotional aspects that usually are the most damaging.

I know that im not alone...i know that some people have completely mature points of view and wont perceive me differently simply because of this skin disorder...and i know that my intelligence, love, humor, and all-around awesomeness hasnt changed, morphed, or somehow become deformed, just because of this topical, surpass-able inconvenience...its HARD as hell to keep this point of view, but at least you're taking the steps to help yourself feel more accepting..of yourself. But just remember, you're STILL the SAME guy...just now you know that the women who choose to be with you will be MORE WORTH taking a chance on, because they're willing to take a chance on you.

I know i rambled just now, but your short post stirred a strong relation-response type thing...so i felt like over-sharing :)

good luck, dooont stop, beliiievin! haha