World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
peaceful1

Isolation

peaceful1

hI everyone, i'm scared to let my family touch me.

notcool

Well, i just found out myself, and I have a four year old who I can't let touch me until I find out more about this. Now that's pain.

Hottfoxxy

U are not a contagious walking freak now.. Good lawd educate urself and u will see u can live a normal life... It's just taking care of yourself eating healthy and exercising taking vitamins and if in a relationship taking antiviral midst help reduce the risk of spreading it to a partner also using condoms and telling any potential partner that u are infected.. Read this website www.hsvbolg.org very informative as well as this website here there are people who have had this virus for many years and know quite a bit of knowledge about this including myself have had it for 6 yrs and have children and have had boyfriends and never passed it on with being honest and careful

Butterfly of the Moment

First, you have to acknowledge most of your preconceived notions about herpes are wrong and that casual or platonic contact with others will not pass this on. Educate yourself. Even if you're scared to be in contact with people, you need to work through this fear and "practice" normalcy.

peaceful1

Thanks everyone for the support and the info site.

Notcool, hopefully we'll overcome this fear soon. My child is 8 yr and she's real affectionate. I have faith we'll get though it. We have a new web family to help us. Best of luck.