World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
da1syluv

Why is that other's experiences the outbreaks but others dont?

da1syluv

Why is that some people have the outbreaks and others don't? I've been diagnosed with H since 2008 but I'm not sure how long I've had it because I've never had an outbreak. It was only through a blood test that it revealed I had the std. When I read about what people go through I feel I am so lucky that I haven't yet experienced the outbreaks. I know that at any moment I can go through the same exact thing. I hope one day I won't have to go through the horrific symptoms. I wonder what I can do to prevent the outbreaks because I don't ever want to experience them ever. I'm already on a the suppressive therapy using Valtrex everyday.

Vanilla

It probably depends on the person's immune system. You have a strong immune system, and your body prevents you from having OBs. Being on permanent suppressive meds is probably unnecessary for you. Unless it's the shedding you're concerned about.

da1syluv

My doctor told me the same thing that I don't have to take any medication right now until I have an actual outbreak but I'm so so scared to go through an outbreak so I begged her to put me on the suppressive therapy anyway. So far things are fine and no outbreak so far. I have the occasional yeast infection but other than that I've been lucky to avoid the horrific experience of an outbreak.

Vanilla

OBs aren't that horrific, really. The first outbreak is generally more aggressive, but after that, a regular yest infection is worse. You've been reading horror stories online. You could've had it for years before 2008, and still didn't have any OBs. Don't think you're about to have one now either, even if you get off the meds. And even if you did, given that you have a strong immune system, your first OB wouldn't probably even be that bad.